Would Romo have us at 5-0?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I get that but I also think some of these guys have no clue. While I'm not saying Dak is perfect, no QB is, he is far from terrible.

The real issue with most of these fans are they over react to a couple plays or so. If a player makes a mistake or two they say he is terrible or trash and that's just not the case. Look at Chaz Green, you can say that about him because he was beat over and over again. I also noticed those same people have certain players they like and make excuses for them constantly.
They don't have an ounce of objectivity when it comes to QBs.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
And you know this how?
With Romo in 2014 which many of you claim was his best season we lost to a struggling 49ers team whom we should have clobbered. What’s the excuse for that?

"Struggling" 49ers team lol

You talking about the same 49ers team that lost by six the year before in the NFC championship game to Seattle, playing us in week 1?

I've heard a lot of talk from you Dak defenders about how he can't be held responsible for Witten's and Zeke's fumbles

is Romo responsible for the fumble 6 that Murray committed on the first drive of that niners game?

I'll admit Romo had an off game against San Francisco that day, and yet somehow we still managed to score 17 points against a significantly better defense then the Saints have

17 points against New Orleans would have won the game

Big_D

Reaction score
The great debate over two QBs who've never been beyond the divisional round. :muttley:

Give me Aikman or Staubach and I'm 5-0.

not with Garrett they're not and a whopping 1 int from a crap D. Just because a QB won super bowls doesn’t mean the rest of the team and HC are unimportant. Right now they suck!!

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
It's not easy to throw the ball when GB is blitzing over and over again and Dak is getting smashed. Go back and watch the 3rd and 4th quarter and show me where GB played prevent defense and didn't touch Dak. Take your own advice and keep watching

The same type of OL performance with Romo as QB would have many blaming the OL and not Romo, if Romo was in the same position as Dak while getting blown out by Green Bay. Like how they blamed the OL for the much more important game against the Vikings. When Romo and the offense couldn't do anything in the 34-3 loss to the Vikings.

And Romo couldn't even come back and make the score closer in "garbage time" against the Vikings in the 34-3 loss or the 44-6 loss to Philly. Since that the excuse that some are using for Dak and the Cowboys offense making the score closer against the Packers. :rolleyes:

keysersoze

Reaction score
31-3 is garbage time, troll.
Your psychotic fantasy that they were “playing aggressive” is just more proof that you’re an Internet fan who doesn’t watch the games. The Pack got zero pressure on the QB in the second half. It was Dak back to doing what he does best: wide open receivers and 10 seconds to throw.
That’s bs. They were still attacking us and blitzing like crazy. No one blitzes lbs and dbs while playing a soft prevent defense. Boy you are a real lame.

LittleLexodus

Reaction score
I don't think so.

It would be interesting if we could combine Romo's accuracy/brain with Dak's body/durability. Oh and acquire a competent HC.

keysersoze

Reaction score
"Struggling" 49ers team lol

You talking about the same 49ers team that lost by six the year before in the NFC championship game to Seattle, playing us in week 1?

I've heard a lot of talk from you Dak defenders about how he can't be held responsible for Witten's and Zeke's fumbles

is Romo responsible for the fumble 6 that Murray committed on the first drive of that niners game?

I'll admit Romo had an off game against San Francisco that day, and yet somehow we still managed to score 17 points against a significantly better defense then the Saints have

17 points against New Orleans would have won the game
Yea. I’m talking about the 49ers team who didn’t do crap in 2014. Who gives a damn about what they did the year before? They struggled mightily in 2014. And that the season I’m speaking of. And Romo had more than just an off game. He was terrible. And you just proved my point. The mistakes of others on the team are attributed to Dak while they are excuses for Romo. You guys are truly hypocritical

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
Romo in his prime, very possible. Later years, no way in hell. His body would not hold up anymore.

keysersoze

Reaction score
The same type of OL performance with Romo as QB would have many blaming the OL and not Romo, if Romo was in the same position as Dak while getting blown out by Green Bay. Like how they blamed the OL for the much more important game against the Vikings. When Romo and the offense couldn't do anything in the 34-3 loss to the Vikings.

And Romo couldn't even come back and make the score closer in "garbage time" against the Vikings in the 34-3 loss or the 44-6 loss to Philly. Since that the excuse that some are using for Dak and the Cowboys offense making the score closer against the Packers. :rolleyes:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Lol. Very favorable review of Romo. Very funny. For example, saying Crayton dropped another one and through Owen’s hands. Yes, the announcers did say those things. However, replay clearly shows Crayton didn’t drop that 2nd ball. It was knocked away and the ball didn’t go through Terrell’s hands. It was knocked away as well.

Like I said, Dak gets roasted for that performance. He gets raked over the coals, by even yourself, for much less. It is very clear to me you judge the QBs using very different standards and it is not even close. It’s painfully obvious you are using your eyes to look for reasons to defend Romo while using them to find reasons to criticize Dak.

If the QB gets the ball there, he's done all he can do. it's up to the WR to win the battle with the DB.

For some reason, if you compliment Tony, some people assume you hate Dak. It's very odd.

Here's how I judge Dak.
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/what-more-can-dak-do-to-win-some-over.442681/page-4#post-9550048