Would somebody explain Twitter to me

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I don't get the obsession. Do you sign up to get tweets from different people? Are you alerted by email on your PC, text messages on your phone, or do you have to go to a website to read it. And why would you want to do that. If you follow 15 different people, do you get 15 different messages on your phone? Why would somebody care what Ashton Kutcher is doing or thinking? I could maybe understand if it was some breaking news story but why is it the new big thing? I don't get it. But I am old, maybe I am not supposed to get it.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
It's useful if you are using it to follow an event, but most people just use it to tell everyone what they are doing at the moment. its like a blog, but in more immediate form.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I've dabbled in it because I'm trying to use it to promote the place where I work. I send little updates about happenings here ... maybe once a week.

I'm not completely sold on it. I was following Martellus Bennett for awhile, but he was clogging things up with his tweets every few minutes about nothing important.

I follow Chris Mortensen and he occasionally puts some decent thoughts on there. Also Jemele Hill, Tim Cowlishaw and Skip Bayless.

Also follow Troy Aikman, but he rarely posts anything.

A few of my friends have signed up, but like me, they rarely post anything.

I enjoy Facebook, but Twitter hasn't really done anything for me.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
It seems that as they keep inventing these new technologies, .. they somehow convince the public that they have to have it.

I just recently bought a home computer, and I don't use a cell phone, ... and I am getting along just fine.

We don't need every new contraption that they invent, ... we just don't.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2888706 said:
It seems that as they keep inventing these new technologies, .. they somehow convince the public that they have to have it.

I just recently bought a home computer, and I don't use a cell phone, ... and I am getting along just fine.

We don't need every new contraption that they invent, ... we just don't.

For a guy with 4824 posts on an internet forum, you move pretty quickly for just recently buying a home computer. Or, are you posting behind your employers back?;););)

Just Kidding. Welcome to the Mellinium.

A little hint also...........cell phones are no longer "a new contraption that THEY invented". They come in a little handy on the way home from work. Saves a little time with the "Oh honey, your home. We needed bananas and milk from the store" routine. They also come in a little handy in case of an emergency.....................for like 30 years now.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I have a cell phone, but it is not any up to date model. I bought it when it was already an older model and have had it for 3-4 years now. I want to get a new one, but I do not feel like having to upgrade my plan to do so.

Still, I think cell phones are important to have when out and about. I am not saying you should be on your phone all the time. I just think it is good to have a phone in case of an emergency.....car breaks down in the middle of nowhere, you are picking something up for dinner and want to call your significant other to see if he/she wants something too.....you need to call the police or ambulance......you need to call to get help with directions........as well as others.

I hate texting. I have never used twitter. I did like the camera function on my phone till it broke. I used to take so many pics of my niece when she was a baby.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
lewpac;2889391 said:
For a guy with 4824 posts on an internet forum, you move pretty quickly for just recently buying a home computer. Or, are you posting behind your employers back?;););)

Just Kidding. Welcome to the Mellinium.

A little hint also...........cell phones are no longer "a new contraption that THEY invented". They come in a little handy on the way home from work. Saves a little time with the "Oh honey, your home. We needed bananas and milk from the store" routine. They also come in a little handy in case of an emergency.....................for like 30 years now.

Actually, yes, I post at work sometimes. (like now)

4800+ posts in five years is not much when compared to some others, but still embarassing.

And you are right, I do carry my wifes cell when on my motorcycle or at WalMart, grocery shopping, mall, etc.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I can't really find a use for it that a blog doesn't already do. The only thing I've really noticed is a bunch of attention ***** women post on it with the most sexy pictures of themselves (or not) that they can find so that lots of guys will talk to them.

It's really a quite pathetic way for co-dependent / attention ****** to get a huge amount of guys to hit on them.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
nyc;2890460 said:
I can't really find a use for it that a blog doesn't already do. The only thing I've really noticed is a bunch of attention ***** women post on it with the most sexy pictures of themselves (or not) that they can find so that lots of guys will talk to them.

It's really a quite pathetic way for co-dependent / attention ****** to get a huge amount of guys to hit on them.

So what's your screen name? :laugh1: