Would this strategy work to keep Dan Quinn?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe as our OC he can design some better run plays, and stop running the DIVE up the middle! Put micah in on 2nd down, instead of using pollard!!!

JK I think that's the only way to do it, and the only thought in the off season, offer him money, but he'll probably lose al harris if anything, maybe he stays

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I dont even want to keep him as DC and you want to make him OC?
:laugh:
Yeah, I need a bit more from Quinn as a DC. Some of these early bend-but-don't-break schemes ("just hold 'em to a FG and that's a win!"), not trusting our corners, it negates the Cowboys' aggressiveness

And Quinn's blitz schemes aren't that effective, and often not well disguised.

In too many games, I think Quinn loses the chess match to the OC...not enough pre-snap deception, and not enough blitz pressure when one is called (and why don't they blitz from the slot more on press coverage).

So Quinn as an OC??? Hell to the no!!!!!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
What if Jerry applied this strategy to keep Quinn as our OC:

Offer him such a big pile of money that he can't say "no."

Eagles had a defensive coordinator named Jim Johnson who got HC interviews every offseason. Jeffrey Lurie told him, “Decline the interview and we’ll pay you whatever the guy they hire gets.”

Worked like a charm

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
DQ has been a top HC candidate for the last two offseasons and is still with the Cowboys, why do we think that will change all of a sudden? His stock isn't dead but is certainly tending down right now, and maybe he really doesn't want to be a HC again?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
DQ has been a top HC candidate for the last two offseasons and is still with the Cowboys, why do we think that will change all of a sudden? His stock isn't dead but is certainly tending down right now, and maybe he really doesn't want to be a HC again?
I think it's more about him wanting to stay than his stock trending down. He has said he's happy where he's at. Not every coach has to be a head coach to find fulfillment. In fact, being one in Atlanta, Quinn has a better perspective on it than coaches who had never reached that pinnacle.

I think he'd rather be Wade Phillips the defensive coordinator than Wade Phillips the head coach. One is highly respected while the other is a joke.

csirl

Reaction score
I think Quinn is one of those guys who's a great coordinator, but poor HC.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s the best coaching problem to have. I’m hoping we win a SB and all our assistant coaches are coveted by other teams. I hope that’s Jerry’s biggest problem this off-season. Doesn’t mean I want them all to leave but winning has some natural consequences we haven’t experienced in far too long.

Losing assistant coaches means your team is winning so much that other teams want to get some of that magic. The last time we had this much interest in our assistants was in the 90s SB era and a little with Parcells’ coaches.