Would this team have already won a Superbowl if

robjay04

Reaction score
Are you all serious. Romo would have had rings if he had better teammates through the years. The coaches changed, the results remain the same.

Romo has had the same offensive coach for the vast majority of his playing career. Garrett has always been his go to guy on offense so the coaches haven't changed much, only thing that has changed is that Garrett has more control.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
May as well make a thread like this just to hear the boards opinions. If this team had Bruce Arians (for example) as a head coach would romo have a ring right now? I think he would. Garrett is too one dimensional and too stubborn to adjust. It's quite irritating. Thoughts?

Not with the way Jerry meddles in everything. We will have to wait to win a super bowl when Jerry leaves.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
May as well make a thread like this just to hear the boards opinions. If this team had Bruce Arians (for example) as a head coach would romo have a ring right now? I think he would. Garrett is too one dimensional and too stubborn to adjust. It's quite irritating. Thoughts?

No.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Are you all serious. Romo would have had rings if he had better teammates through the years. The coaches changed, the results remain the same.

January 2007 was when Jason was hired. The first year Tony was named the starter at the beginning of the season. The year before (On October 25, 2006) Tony took over for Bledsoe mid-season as the starter.

So, one coach has been a constant, Red Ginger. So you have to ask yourself, is Tony the problem or Garrett? Here's a hint, with Romo this year we are 2-0 against the top 2 teams in our division. Without Romo we are 0-7.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Jerry once said to Jimmy 500 other coaches could have won Super Bowls with the team Jimmy assembled. Jerry has assembled a team and has hired five coaches since Barry Switzer who was basically coaching on auto pilot with Jimmy's players (Gailey, Campo, Parcells, Phillips and Garrett ). That's six down and 494 coaches to go. :(

Novacek84

Reaction score
Don't know but I LOVE Bruce Arians and as soon as Dallas is eliminated I will be rooting for him, Larry Fitz (who are two class guys) & Cardinals to win NFC.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
You still have Jerry and Stephen.That should answer your question.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The only coach that could have gotten these Cowboys a SB was Sean Payton.

He could have got the most of Romo sooner.

Ender

Reaction score
January 2007 was when Jason was hired. The first year Tony was named the starter at the beginning of the season. The year before (On October 25, 2006) Tony took over for Bledsoe mid-season as the starter.

So, one coach has been a constant, Red Ginger. So you have to ask yourself, is Tony the problem or Garrett? Here's a hint, with Romo this year we are 2-0 against the top 2 teams in our division. Without Romo we are 0-7.[/quote

So, one coach has been a constant, Red Ginger. So you have to ask yourself, is Tony the problem or Garrett? Here's a hint, with Romo this year we are 2-0 against the top 2 teams in our division. Without Romo we are 0-7.

I dont have to ask myself that because its ridiculous

Ender

Reaction score
Romo has had the same offensive coach for the vast majority of his playing career. Garrett has always been his go to guy on offense so the coaches haven't changed much, only thing that has changed is that Garrett has more control.

Ok, so Romo is great, his coaches have nothing to do with his progression, but everything to do with the failures on this team, over the years, even when he didnt have control. Ok, got it

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
If tony would of been qb for the niners when harbaugh was there they win two superbowls and no he will never win one in dallas sad to say.