Would you be happy with a close loss?

cowboys19

Reaction score
Would you guys be happy with a close loss, and Romo playing very well, or is it win or bust?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I'm never happy with a loss, but I'd accept a close defeat as long as we didn't play like crap. If we play well and they just play a bit better and win it? I can accept that. I'll be sad, but I'll accept it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I don't understand "happy with a loss." Completely alien concept. Losses don't send me over the edge like they do some people, but "happy?"

Nope, don't grasp it at all.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Hostile;1703745 said:
I don't understand "happy with a loss." Completely alien concept. Losses don't send me over the edge like they do some people, but "happy?"

Nope, don't grasp it at all.

:bow:

We're gonna win.

We're gonna win.

Simple as that.

We're gonna win.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Umm? Well considering it is at home and all the $hit talking from the media this week I think that the cowboys should have more then enough reason and motivation to win. If we win by 1 I see it as a bust. 7 or better or it is a bust.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Ozzu;1703742 said:
I'm never happy with a loss, but I'd accept a close defeat as long as we didn't play like crap. If we play well and they just play a bit better and win it? I can accept that. I'll be sad, but I'll accept it.
Yup, same here.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Nope.
I'm never happy with a loss and a close one burns me up just as much as any. I want wins, especially against teams like this. Games like this are 'over the hump' games. No more 'looking to the future', no more building'; being there, winning and flat out, undeniably great.

I've had enough of moral victories, we had plenty of those with Quincy, Testeverde, Campo and on and on. Win Sunday and it's big and it matters for something more than a moral victory.

Freyguy

Reaction score
If we lose a close game to the Pats then its not so bad, but if we would have lost to the Bills it would have been demoralizing. I guess it just depends on who we lose to.

Side Note: I know Romo's stats were overshadowed by his INT's but 300+ yards and 2 TD's, is still pretty good. Just imagine how good of a game he would have had without those INT's. Well...maybe not that good because they wouldnt have gone to the pass as much.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Good thread. Interesting. A close, tight game, maybe a loss in overtime, or risk the complete blowout?

If Bledsoe were our qb, I'd take the OT loss, but I think we have too many things going for us to accept that right now.

Check back with me sunday around 6pm.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
never happy with a loss....
but still a loyal fan if it happens

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Win or Bust for me.

A loss is a loss, plain and simple.

Moral victories are for losers.

We're the Dallas Freakin' Cowboys!

We get REAL victories, the ones you can see on Monday morning in the standings!

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
If we lose to the Patriots its not as tragic as if we lost to the Bills. If the Patriots beat us they will most likely put a thrashing on our division rivals as well, if we lost to the bills the Commanders, Eagles, and Giants will probably easily beat the Bills later and we couldn't afford that.

The patriots on the other hand is a no risk full reward loss. If we can manage the upset, we will set ourselves up very well in our division.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1703828 said:
Some people find being choked pleasurable, i'm not one.

:laugh2:

That's a rather disturbing way of putting it.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
I guess I could take a close loss and be 5-1, then 5-2, what the heck lets be happy with 11 close loses by a total of 11 points and end up 5-11. I can see it now we were 5-11 but we only loss by 1 point every game......

I'll be happy with a close win though

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
happy with a loss??? What the hell??? theres no such thing as moral victories when u are supposedly a "great" team!

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't be happy with a loss.

One loss and we're right there with the Commanders...