Would you choose Bobby Wagner or Von Miller?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If the Cowboys could sign only one one of these?

1) Bobby Wagner

2)Von Miller
Tough call, but I would have to say Wagner all day.
Would love either, but Wagner is still a bull dog beast, and extremely good at what he does.
Dont get caught up on the 31 years of age thing, he still has the juice and would change the center of this back seven and allow Quinn to really execute Parsons.
You thought Parsons' moved around a lot in his rookie campaign, wait till you see Parsons flexibility with stud vet presence like Wagner picking up all the slack playing next to him.
Miller would be sweet, but Wagner would be elite.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Tough call, but I would have to say Wagner all day.
Would love either, but Wagner is still a bull dog beast, and extremely good at what he does.
Dont get caught up on the 31 years of age thing, he still has the juice and would change the center of this back seven and allow Quinn to really execute Parsons.
You thought Parsons' moved around a lot in his rookie campaign, wait till you see Parsons flexibility with stud vet presence like Wagner picking up all the slack playing next to him.
Miller would be sweet, but Wagner would be elite.

And he’s a year younger than Miller.
But I’d be happy with either

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

1) Bobby Wagner

2)Von Miller

Von Miller without hesitation.

Wagner is great, but I feel it’s easier to find a linebacker than a pass rusher.

Take note of just how many teams have released high profile linebackers just this year. Then compare that to the teams that have released high profile pass rushers. And before anyone brings up Smith, also mention that the guy missed virtually all of last season with a back injury.

Preferring one player is not a knock on the other as we would be fortunate to have either one. But being forced to choose, give me the Hall of Fame pass rusher.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Neither one. We need to get good first then look to add veteran "hired guns" to put us over the top. These guys are almost certainly looking for retirement packages. Let them sign with someone else. Trade for this type of guy when they are on expiring contracts and you have a legit contender. We need to get younger, stronger, faster. This is not the way.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If money is the same I go Wagner but only so Micah isn't forced to play LB.

morasp

Reaction score
I liked what Skip Bayless said Jimmy Johnson told him. "You have to have a guy that can pass the ball and a guy that can sack the passer".

Sydla

Reaction score
Von Miller without hesitation.

Wagner is great, but I feel it’s easier to find a linebacker than a pass rusher.

Take note of just how many teams have released high profile linebackers just this year. Then compare that to the teams that have released high profile pass rushers. And before anyone brings up Smith, also mention that the guy missed virtually all of last season with a back injury.

Preferring one player is not a knock on the other as we would be fortunate to have either one. But being forced to choose, give me the Hall of Fame pass rusher.

Yeah. When you can rush the passer and create havoc with your edge guys, it can cover up a lot of other issues.

Admittedly, I still am not sure we can stop the run consistently. I don't like our DTs other than Gallimore. Wagner in the middle could help. But an edge rusher to pair with Lawrence and Parsons with a creative coach like Quinn? No brainer to me.

But yeah, I'd love them both.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. When you can rush the passer and create havoc with your edge guys, it can cover up a lot of other issues.

Admittedly, I still am not sure we can stop the run consistently. I don't like our DTs other than Gallimore. Wagner in the middle could help. But an edge rusher to pair with Lawrence and Parsons with a creative coach like Quinn? No brainer to me.

But yeah, I'd love them both.

No doubt, I’d love both two if that’s possible. But I think it’s easier to shore up run defense than it is to create pass rush.

kevm3

Reaction score
I'm taking Von Miller, especially after Gregory's departure. We still have Jabril Cox at lb, who might be decent, but we don't have any pass rusher to take Gregory's place right now.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Tough one...I would say Von Miller though. It is always risky when you go after older players though and them joining a new team (eventhough Von did just play well on a new team). Pressure players are where I invest though. Dallas already has one who is all world. Lawrence hasn't had the sack numbers but is a factor against teams. Even if Miller is no longer in peak form, Dallas would have the ability to go after you.

Ken

Reaction score

1) Bobby Wagner

2)Von Miller
I would add both.

Both are still very much at the top of their respective positions, both have rings and bring the right attitude to this team, which is sorely lacking.

I don't care the cost, we have the money, make it work.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BOTH!
tenor.gif