Would you choose winning a Super Bowl even if it meant 5 lean years after?

starman22

Reaction score
I would choose winning a SB even if it meant a decade of irrelevance. In a heartbeat! Championships are forever. No one remembers or cares if you were close, “around the rim” or the most profitable franchise. Fifty years from now no one will give a rats behind what our cap numbers or TV ratings or the value of the franchise were. Lombardi trophies are what lasts.

How about you? Would you be good with winning a SB even if we were terrible for 5 years afterward?
Yes definitely, without a doubt, no question, without hesitation. We have nearly went 3 decades without one.

If we would have won a Super Bowl every decade since our last one, we would have what, probably 7 and getting ready for our 8th.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I would choose winning a SB even if it meant a decade of irrelevance. In a heartbeat! Championships are forever. No one remembers or cares if you were close, “around the rim” or the most profitable franchise. Fifty years from now no one will give a rats behind what our cap numbers or TV ratings or the value of the franchise were. Lombardi trophies are what lasts.

How about you? Would you be good with winning a SB even if we were terrible for 5 years afterward?
The Cowboys aren’t winning another Super Bowl while Jerry is alive. He made his deal in 1995, and now he’s stuck with it.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The Cowboys aren’t winning another Super Bowl while Jerry is alive. He made his deal in 1995, and now he’s stuck with it.
Yep, he'd need to cede control or would need to learn a different approach, neither of which is Jerry.

shabazz

Reaction score
Yep, he'd need to cede control or would need to learn a different approach, neither of which is Jerry.
He can take advice without cedeing control and he'd still get the credit ( most importantly)

These new current actions the FO have been taking are very Un-Jerry-like.

more info will most assuredly leak out in the months to come

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
As a Washington Nationals fan, we are living this very scenario.

Me personally love the 2019 Championship and wound not trade it. So yes I would trade a championship for 5 lean years after.

plymkr

Reaction score
Serious question: Why would any NFL owner hire a GM who would rather be “competitive“ than going “all in” for a championship?
Because that GM is giving him narcissistic supply. Narcissists think differently than the rest of us. Their currency is attention and control.

kevm3

Reaction score
So in the 25 or so years of failure, we would have won the superbowl 5 times. Sounds fine to me

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
I'd take ten horrendous years if it meant a Superbowl. Some of us, have never seen the Cowboys win a Super Bowl so it trumps everything else.

Kwyn

Reaction score

Definitely. Five years of terrible means a rebuild for another run so it’s not all bad.

mrmojo

Reaction score
And the way the NFL is now it shouldn't take 5 years to at least get there and have a chance......how many times have the Niners, Eagles and Rams reinvented themselves in the past decade........the FO just doesnt want to take the risk.....just so were relevant.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Yup.
I've been through more then 5 lean seasons but I haven't seen a super bowl since 1995.