Would you consider trading Armstrong in the offseason?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Likely going to have over 10 sacks. Very good 2023 cap hit. Selling very high and it opens up snaps for Williams.

Downside is you can never have enough pass rushers, and Fowler is a FA after the season.

Would you consider trading Armstrong in the offseason

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I absolutely look into it. He’s a guy who can fetch you a bigger return, but also a guy you don’t have to move and net a comp pick the following year.

High production + the ability to walk away + reasonable salary = potential massive haul

I think the better question is what does a reasonable return look like?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I absolutely look into it. He’s a guy who can fetch you a bigger return, but also a guy you don’t have to move and net a comp pick the following year.

High production + the ability to walk away + reasonable salary = potential massive haul

I think the better question is what does a reasonable return look like?
I think a second between 33-50 would be reasonable. A strong DE class, and a history of 10 sack guys getting traded for 2nds (Frank Clarke, Dee Ford when they were tagged) makes a 1st very unlikely

He may net a 3rd round comp(90's) in 2025 if we keep in him and let him walk in 2024

kskboys

Reaction score
Likely going to have over 10 sacks. Very good 2023 cap hit. Selling very high and it opens up snaps for Williams.

Downside is you can never have enough pass rushers, and Fowler is a FA after the season.

If someone is willing to overpay, absolutely. Need a 1st, though.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Not until the dust settles. I would like to keep the current rotation of Parsons, Lawrence, Williams, Armstrong, Fowler(UFA) in tact.

If we retain Quinn then Fowler likely stays another year and if we add a DE at value in either the draft, trade, or FA at DE then I would look at a potential Armstrong trade.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not until the dust settles. I would like to keep the current rotation of Parsons, Lawrence, Williams, Armstrong, Fowler(UFA) in tact.

If we retain Quinn then Fowler likely stays another year and if we add a DE at value in either the draft, trade, or FA at DE then I would look at a potential Armstrong trade.
Fowler is going to get alot than he got this year, I don't see any way he is back. He might get 10 million a year. Dallas isn't paying that for a guy that is playing 30% of the snaps. Especially with Sam Williams behind him

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Fowler is going to get alot than he got this year, I don't see any way he is back. He might get 10 million a year. Dallas isn't paying that for a guy that is playing 30% of the snaps. Especially with Sam Williams behind him

Hmm interesting take.

I'd be shocked if a defensive end with 5 sacks playing along side elite contributors, who will be 30 soon, and has had major off field issues gets anywhere close to a multi-year deal worth $10M+. I haven't seen that speculated anywhere, either.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hmm interesting take.

I'd be shocked if a defensive end with 5 sacks playing along side elite contributors, who will be 30 soon, and has had major off field issues gets anywhere close to a multi-year deal worth $10M+. I haven't seen that speculated anywhere, either.
5 in 300 snaps. We gave Armstrong almost 8 million last year for less production. Fowler also has a double digit sack season on his resume. 10 million isn't close to top end money for a pass rusher. We wont pay it, because we dont really need him

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
5 in 300 snaps. We gave Armstrong almost 8 million last year for less production. Fowler also has a double digit sack season on his resume. 10 million isn't close to top end money for a pass rusher. We wont pay it, because we dont really need him

Fowler had .5 sacks less than last season with Atlanta, only playing 42% if snaps. Cowboys still signed him cheap despite that double digit sack season forever ago.

Don't see $10M+ happening

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fowler had .5 sacks less than last season with Atlanta, only playing 42% if snaps. Cowboys still signed him cheap despite that double digit sack season forever ago.

Don't see $10M+ happening
Even if he doesnr get 10 million, they arent getting nearly as cheap as last year. And if they cant they may as well just let him walk and give Williams his snaps

cnuball21

Reaction score
If someone is overpaying absolutely.

Not going to be a popular opinion but I think he was the definition of an over achiever this year. Inflated sack total due to getting a few in stunts and don’t recall him offering much against the run.

If someone offers a 2nd? Absolutely.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yes

If you're unlikely to re-sign him, might as well attempt to trade him to see if you can get better than a comp pick back

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Ended up with a 1 yr deal for $4M

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

I think they're going to give Micah even more snaps at RDE. I would trying to trade Armstrong now. Wouldn't be suprised to see a trade at the deadline

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There are no players I would not consider trading, if another team is willing to pay my price. My price may be bigger than the league norm.