Would you draft Cliff Harris

tm1119

Reaction score
Say hes sitting there in the 3rd round when we pick, do you pull the trigger? His talent is undeniable, but he got kicked off of Oregon. He didnt do anything violent or drug related, but for some reason he shouldnt be allowed near a car. All of his trouble was related to driving without a license/insurance and speeding. Obviously stupid mistakes, but could be worse for a 21 year old college kid. Hire his *** a personal driver and I'd take him in the 3rd no doubt. His talent is worth the risk.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
tm1119;4374438 said:
Say hes sitting there in the 3rd round when we pick, do you pull the trigger? His talent is undeniable, but he got kicked off of Oregon. He didnt do anything violent or drug related, but for some reason he shouldnt be allowed near a car. All of his trouble was related to driving without a license/insurance and speeding. Obviously stupid mistakes, but could be worse for a 21 year old college kid. Hire his *** a personal driver and I'd take him in the 3rd no doubt. His talent is worth the risk.

I agree-it does say something about his decision making....but he's not a QB so I'm not as concerned.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Not a chance. The guy is an absolute "me-first" type of person. Not the RKG Garrett is looking for. There are plenty of other good DB's to choose from. Wouldn't be surprised if he were completely off our board.

joseephuss

Reaction score
You are wrong about him not doing something drug related. There is his now infamous quote, "We smoked it all" when the police asked "Who's got the marijuana in the car?".

No, I don't think Dallas should draft him in the 3rd. That is too early to take a risky project such as Harris. I don't think his talent is worth the risk. He can make some big plays, but he also gives away a lot of plays. He is out of position quite a bit and is undisciplined on the field. He is also a poor tackler.

jnday

Reaction score
joseephuss;4374733 said:
You are wrong about him not doing something drug related. There is his now infamous quote, "We smoked it all" when the police asked "Who's got the marijuana in the car?".

No, I don't think Dallas should draft him in the 3rd. That is too early to take a risky project such as Harris. I don't think his talent is worth the risk. He can make some big plays, but he also gives away a lot of plays. He is out of position quite a bit and is undisciplined on the field. He is also a poor tackler.

I think you are right . Give this guy a check to go with an immature attitude and you are asking for trouble .

cbow44

Reaction score
I would'nt take a shot before the 5th rd. depending on the back ground check maybe not even then.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
3rd round???

This kid could go undrafted.........if so then I'll give him a look

JackWagon

Reaction score
i dont waste draft picks on question marks. -- sign him as an undrafted FA if he gets that far.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I would and I would also draft Janoris Jenkins but it's not up to me and I don't think Garrett would.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Yes, I would. Reward > Risk IMO.

People have said the same about Jimmy Smith (Ravens/Colorado) last year and we didn't hear a peep out of him. Now I'm not sure how well he did in coverage this year but he had 2 INTs and 8 passes defensed.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'll take almost anybody with a 6th/7th rounder.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'd rather take a risk/late round gamble on Janzen Jackson. He was an all SEC Safety at Tennessee before getting booted off the team. He spent 2011 at McNeese State playing CB.
janzen-jackson-2-ut-media-relations.jpg

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Fat Toad;4375578 said:
Aww, you beat me to it.
:laugh2:
Well someone had to say it :laugh2:

It was only a matter of time.