Would you draft DE Arden Key LSU at 1/19?

Paintrain4978

Reaction score
If he's on the board....Do you wash your hands of Gregory....and move on?

Comments?:)
Teams are going to have a lot of homework to do with him. He flashes awesome potential, but disappears in games. Especially against more athletic tackles that can deal with speed on the edge. I'd like to know more about him before I'd draft him but that's me.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I don’t follow college football, but after last years draft (specifically after Taco was drafted) I looked ahead to this years DE class and Arden Key was one of the top prospects. Idk why his stock has fallen so much but I gotta believe the talent is there.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

At #19, no. Guys with huge drops in production scare me. Using Jadeveon Clowny as an example, there were reports that he loafed it his senior season and he looked unprepared his first two seasons. Unable to stay healthy, and overall unprepared. Now, due to his sheer talent, and probably through better conditioning and preparation, he has rebounded and has had back to back pro bowl seasons as well as an all pro season. I don't know if Arden Key has Jadeveon Clowney talent. Maybe he'll hit the ground running, I don't know, but I wouldn't.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Key is arguably the most gifted pass rusher in the draft but all of the off the field non sense scares me. Seems like Gregory 2.0.

Pass for me, but if ends up getting to a team a being committed he could be the biggest steal of the draft.

TexasTriumph

Reaction score
I don't know much about Arden Key's off-field issues, but I did tweet to Dane Brugler about taking him at #19 and Dane tweeted back an emphatic, "NO!"

Johnny23

Reaction score
We missed our chance with a LSU DL when we passed on Brockers. We could have had our one tech who is athletic who could protect Sean Lee.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score

Keep your eye on Sam Hubbard, defensive end, from THE Ohio State University. May slip into the 1st round with a good Combine. He has the measurables Dallas looks for in a DE and, if their top prospects are not available, he might be worth taking.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Keep your eye on Sam Hubbard, defensive end, from THE Ohio State University. May slip into the 1st round with a good Combine. He has the measurable Dallas looks for in a DE and, if their top prospects are not available, he might be worth taking.

Will do