Would you draft Mason Crosby?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
IF Mason Crosby were to drop to our second round pick, do you pull the trigger and draft him?

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
I don't think a kicker is worth a 2nd round pick.

Maybe. Maybe, a 4th.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
If he's as good as everybody is saying, yes. What would our record have been last year if our kicker(s) made those potential game winning shots? 12-4? If a second round pick can win me 3 games I pull the trigger even if he is just an idiot kicker.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
LeonDixson;1193277 said:
If he's as good as everybody is saying, yes. What would our record have been last year if our kicker(s) made those potential game winning shots? 12-4? If a second round pick can win me 3 games I pull the trigger even if he is just an idiot kicker.

we tried the Idiot part already.....

:laugh2:

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
I think a kicker can cost or win you 4 games per season.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
do it. trade down in round 1. no one else in round 2 could have the impact on our roster as a stud kicker. we don't have a lot of holes these days. where else would a rookie start on this team?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I voted yes but only cause I am curious if hostile's head will explode

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
This is a rare year where maybe so. I dont like it, but maybe. Especially if we traded down and picked up another 2nd, or an early third.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Yes. We havent had a good kicker in years, and Vandertheif was never, ever going to be one.

ravidubey

Reaction score
I expect Dallas to have a low 2nd round draft pick and this is the position of greatest need for a team with a small window to contend for titles.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I say yes, i saw the guy last year kick a 58 yard field goal against miami last with plenty of room to spare. The guy has the strongest leg ive seen since janikowsi.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
miamicowboy21;1193460 said:
I say yes, i saw the guy last year kick a 58 yard field goal against miami last with plenty of room to spare. The guy has the strongest leg ive seen since janikowsi.

I once saw Mike Vanderjagt hit every FG he attempted in one season, and cure cancer while doing. Oh, and he was drunk.

parchy

Reaction score
I think it's about time the Cowboys bit down hard and did it. What gave us Fasano? That whole 'BPA' technique. If we're to follow that and Crosby is on the board somewhere in the 3rd round, why not? Because, and I'm firmly confident in this, no vet the Cowboys sign will be any good.

If the most accurate kicker ever didn't work out for us, man, I don't know what else to do. Gramatica is going to be Jose Cortez redux.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
If it's true that he can really hit 70 yarders consistently in practice (ive heard that a couple times) than absolutely hell yes.

Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy;1193486 said:
If it's true that he can really hit 70 yarders consistently in practice (ive heard that a couple times) than absolutely hell yes.

If that really is true, than he should be a sure fire first round pick imo. I wouldn't take him there though. I would spend a second on him though

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was him.

They were talking about it earlier this year, I was watching Colorado at someone (Louisville maybe?) and the announcers were gushing at the leg the kid had.

I was really hoping to see him line up for a 55 yarder, but alas it didn't happen.

Now I wouldn't expect a 70 yarder in the NFL....practice is different....but if he's consistent from there in practice, one would surmise that the 50 yarders would be very consistent from him.

thekavorka

Reaction score
i want to see his numbers in road games. playing in colorado, with thinner air at high altitude, can inflate his stats.