Would you feel better knowing this

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It took Jerry 2 years to give Daktrash his last contract why most felt here that an extension was a gimmie still amazes me.
The GB debacle was more than enough for Jerry to finally give in and admit the Prescott experiment is a massive FAILURE!
Add to that the lockerroom rumbles the decision was made.
Don't know if Jimmy played any role in all of this but even Ray Charles would have said..............I've seen enough!!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
This was all Jimmy Johnson’s idea…

He gave Jerry the straight mouthwash that he’s needed since the 1990s…. This team as currently constructed under one Dakota Prescott Will never win anything not even a playoff game against a team that lost to Tommy DeVito

Jimmy may have conferenced with JJ and a few others… And said listen, don’t extend Prescott play out the season See what happens but don’t invest anymore in this current group.
Have yourself a good draft cut as much salary as possible and go from there - Pick up a couple budget free Agents on one year deals.

And when the season ends, fire everybody.

Enter Bill Belichick.
Belichick and GM Jeruh don't have the time for 10 year rebuild.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think bill has some other options.

My point is: he and no other good coach with winning ambitions will sign with this franchise. Its not like we are a franchise that attracts coaches or players who are serious about their profession
BB said he wanted the job with cowboys, he doesnt want to be GM, and said he could work with jerry.
Also Jimmy and Bill are good friends, so he could help set it up.
A year off will help Bill, he needs one.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
BB said he wanted the job with cowboys, he doesnt want to be GM, and said he could work with jerry.
If the FO does purge all contracts and do a complete culture reset with BB… 2025 would obviously be the time to do it.

It just goes against everything they have been publicly saying about Dak for years.

To set him up for failure like that does not seem to be in their nature.

More likely: they aren’t signing anyone in FA because they are scraping their pennies together to pay Dak a huge extension.

The “blow it up” theory is a pipe dream IMO. I wish they had the balls to pull it off— but I see some bargain FAs coming to terms in the coming weeks, and a big extension for 4 (unfortunately)

plymkr

Reaction score
Might be some Jimmy induced thinking, don't pay average players, big money.
I wonder if Jimmy put a bug in Jerry’s ear of “these guys aren’t serious about winning so let them go and get guys that want to win”. Anytime you have a core player and team leader say publicly the team was burned out at the end of the year is a really bad sign your team isn’t invested. Maybe “all in” means Jerry wants to purge players that aren’t serious about the game. Maybe that Green Bay loss shook him so much Jerry opened his eyes at the character of the team. Hopefully

TwentyOne

Reaction score
If he really wants to come here he may have no real winning ambitions anymore. Maybe pad his stats a bit and get a last contract to earn some money.

Anyways talk is cheap. If what you are citing was a interview then i guess anybody would have said that. Its an unwritten rule that you only talk positive about others in the NFL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The game passed Jimmy and Bill by. I would not feel good about getting some 90 year olds to run a team on 2024…

Blackspider214

Reaction score

He gave Jerry the straight mouthwash that he’s needed since the 1990s…. This team as currently constructed under one Dakota Prescott Will never win anything not even a playoff game against a team that lost to Tommy DeVito

Jimmy may have conferenced with JJ and a few others… And said listen, don’t extend Prescott play out the season See what happens but don’t invest anymore in this current group.
Have yourself a good draft cut as much salary as possible and go from there - Pick up a couple budget free Agents on one year deals.

Enter Bill Belichick.
Is prime Tom Brady coming with Bill? Because he's been exposed once Brady left. We don't need some outdated 70 year old coach here.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Would you feel better knowing this​

Kinda. Did Jimmy Johnson sign an NDA first? The only advice, Jones Jerry would follow from Johnson, would be that which Jones could take full credit for if it paid off in the end.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score

Enter Bill Belichick.
Gross. Bill Belichick destroyed that Patriots roster

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Enter Bill Belichick.
It’s a good theory but no way the Joneses are deferring to Jimmy. This is just straight up Stevie Jones being cheap and arrogant. It’s also the result of a few years of moronic short term contracts. The roster is wide open now with a meager draft and little cap space. Plus they need to make decisions on a couple of their divas. Bad management not Jimmy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't wait to see this place when we are only winning no more than 5 games for the next 10 years.
Some fans will be happy.

shabazz

Reaction score
You would have gotten a 7th rounder for him if he was in his 70ties. Maybe a 5th since drug addiction (eg alcohol) and misstreating women are valuable traits in the nfl.

But because he is 81 he has no more trade value. In the end the league does not protect veterans very well. Sad to say it but now as before its a young mans world.
I was referring to 71 year old Bill Belichick with that post