Would you give up 2 1sts for Jalen Ramsey

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Running through possible players who may be available, I wondered about Ramsey for this reason.

Rams clearly are in decline. Donald and McVay had to be convinced to come back to try to run it back instead of retiring.

Let’s say they both retire in the offseason and team knows that. They need picks to start a rebuild and cap space. They don’t have their 1st, 5th or 7th rounders this upcoming draft.

Stafford may call it a career in next few years.

Do you give up next 2 firsts for Ramsey? He’s expensive and you have to still try to resign Diggs.

Would limit what you can do to replenish the receivers or any other glaring need. But May put you over the top THIS YEAR

Techsass

Reaction score
I like Ramsey a lot, but nope. We get very good to great players with our 1st round picks. One stud at a position we're already pretty good at isn't worth it.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
No.

He's worth a 1st rounder, but not for this team. We're not that desperate for CB help. Higher priorities exist.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you give up 2 1sts for Jalen Ramsey
giphy.gif

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Running through possible players who may be available, I wondered about Ramsey for this reason.

Rams clearly are in decline. Donald and McVay had to be convinced to come back to try to run it back instead of retiring.

Let’s say they both retire in the offseason and team knows that. They need picks to start a rebuild and cap space. They don’t have their 1st, 5th or 7th rounders this upcoming draft.

Do you give up next 2 firsts for Ramsey? He’s expensive and you have to still try to resign Diggs.

Would limit what you can do to replenish the receivers or any other glaring need. But May put you over the top THIS YEAR
Absolutely not. That would be stupid

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

No and I like Ramsey alot. I don't think we need to spend those kind of resources at the position.

ghst187

Reaction score
Omg no, maybe five years ago….like our guys fine. We are paying Brown a lot less to get toasted the same amount as Ramsey gets.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
No.

He's worth a 1st rounder, but not for this team. We're not that desperate for CB help. Higher priorities exist.

revisiting this

I kind of wish we would have offered next year's first for him this year at the trade deadline.

I have to imagine the Rams would have taken it. They need help rebuilding, and he's not young enough to be part of it.

I really think our failure to bring in someone to help bolster the defense is going to sink one of our best chances to get to the SB in many years.