Would you give up a 3rd for AJ Green?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Id prefer not to be insulted by people who dont agree. Just dont agree.

Now. I know we have Cobb and Gallup etc. However, we also have Cooper who hasnt been signed. Cobb has back issues which arent going to just go away.

Bringing in Green gives Dak another target and another great route runner. What would a DC do with Zeke Cooper, Green, Gallup and Witten in the red zone? Or in any situation. I obviously know this is fantasy but I think it would be a great addition, and also hedges our bets with Amari. Thoughts?

Eanwen

Reaction score
I'll be honest and say I don't really watch NFL outside of the Cowboys enough to judge whether it would be a good trade. He's over 30 so I'd be hesitant to pull the trigger. I really think most of the Cowboys' issues (and here by issues I mean what needs to be addressed such that the talent is SB worthy) is on the defense side, but a third isn't really a lot to give up if he can be at least a good no. 2 for 3 years or so.

I don't think we have to worry about Cooper being signed but I am really concerned that our top 4 receivers have all missed time within 6 games. That's insane.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Now. I know we have Cobb and Gallup etc. However, we also have Cooper who hasnt been signed. Cobb has back issues which arent going to just go away.

Bringing in Green gives Dak another target and another great route runner. What would a DC do with Zeke Cooper, Green, Gallup and Witten in the red zone? Or in any situation. I obviously know this is fantasy but I think it would be a great addition, and also hedges our bets with Amari. Thoughts?

I understand your thought process, and I do think that Green is a very good player. I dunno about a 3rd for him. On one hand, he'd be a very good addition to us. However, on another hand, he's gotten a older and seems to be getting nicked up a lot. Also, I think we have a bit more to worry about than another WR for us to use a 3. I don't expect any other team to go beyond maybe a 5th rounder with his age and durability. He's had a major ankle operation and is trying to recover that. Also, we do have a lot of talent at WR. Cooper, Gallup, and Cobb is a very lethal combination.

However, I would not turn down the idea of getting Green. I do think a change of scenery would be good for him. I'd try to offer a 5th rounder for him, as said before. That way, you're not giving up a terrible amount for him. Thus, if he's not as good as he was before his injury, then you don't lose too much. But, if you do manage to revamp him to what we have seen before from him, then we have a steal. Alternatively, we may be better to attempt to offer a player in exchange. I'd see if they'd have a go for Wilson in exchange or someone like that.

So, in short, I'm not against trading for him, but a 3rd for him is too expensive imo. The Bengals probably would like to move on from him soon, and he seems to not want to be with them anymore. So, rather than cutting him, they may see fit to just get what they can for him. So, try a 5 for him, and see if they'll go for it.

KingRah

Reaction score

No. He’s 31. His presence would piss off gallup and cooper. I’d give up a 3rd for Patrick Peterson.

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
No. He’s 31. His presence would piss off gallup and cooper. I’d give up a 3rd for Patrick Peterson.
I don't want players who don't want to add players who'll help the team win. I'd trade Gallup and Cooper if this were the case.

Patrick Peterson will cost a lot more than a 3rd.

Anyone who wouldn't give up a 3rd rd pick for Green is insane, assuming he is indeed healthy again.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Yes. I would prefer a 4th given his age, but I would do it for a 3. That would be an overwhelming WR corps which is a huge advantage in todays game

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Is that the dude from the Bengals?,,,how old is he?

KingRah

Reaction score
Winning would cure that. And we would win
He’s 31, so he won’t be elite in a year or two. Meanwhile, cooper and Gallup are young and still ascending and it would guarantee they’re leaving in free agency out of anger.

KingRah

Reaction score
I don't want players who don't want to add players who'll help the team win. I'd trade Gallup and Cooper if this were the case.

Patrick Peterson will cost a lot more than a 3rd.

Anyone who wouldn't give up a 3rd rd pick for Green is insane, assuming he is indeed healthy again.
Michael Irvin wouldn’t want him if he was here. He said as Much on tv. They brought up another elite receiver possibly coming and mike was like “ no”. There’s not enough balls.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s 31, so he won’t be elite in a year or two. Meanwhile, cooper and Gallup are young and still ascending and it would guarantee they’re leaving in free agency out of anger.
I seriously doubt they would be angry

KingRah

Reaction score
I seriously doubt they would be angry
yes they would. He'd take way catches and when green is way past his prime and they're looking for big contacts the largest of their careers, they won't get them because their numbers would say they're Cole Beasley types. If we didn't have Gallup, I wouldn't mind.

KingRah

Reaction score
Coopers better than green at this point. He's bigger faster and quicker. Green has better hands though.

KingRah

Reaction score
I still wouldn't mind P Peterson because I know the eagles are going after him hard.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Not with the current set of receivers. Without the cooper trade I’d quickly send a 3 for AJ.