Would you move up for Derek Barnett?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Not Burnett, but this mock suggested a trade up:

https://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/2017-nfl-mock-draft-possible-trades-edition/18/

The Dallas Cowboys trade the 28th and 60th overall picks to the Tennessee Titans for the 18th overall pick.

18. Dallas Cowboys (trade with Titans) – Jamal Adams, Safety, LSU
Jerry Jones gets what he wants. Seeing Jamal Adams fall in the draft because he doesn’t play a premium position was too much for the Cowboys owner to stomach. So we see him facilitate a move up to grab Adams. The safety out of LSU is one of the more (if not the most) aware players in the draft. He has great instincts and recognition that allow him to play faster than his 4.56-second 40-yard dash time at the combine. He sniffs plays out in a hurry. I think it’s fair to ask if he is truly versatile and if he’s always as willing to fill the alley. He’s just a good football player. Adams has all the intangibles in the world and will add much-needed leadership to the Cowboys’ secondary. Even as a rookie.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No. We need every pick we can make, and an additional one to boot.

AzorAhai

Reaction score

https://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/2017-nfl-mock-draft-possible-trades-edition/18/

The Dallas Cowboys trade the 28th and 60th overall picks to the Tennessee Titans for the 18th overall pick.

Jerry Jones gets what he wants. Seeing Jamal Adams fall in the draft because he doesn’t play a premium position was too much for the Cowboys owner to stomach. So we see him facilitate a move up to grab Adams. The safety out of LSU is one of the more (if not the most) aware players in the draft. He has great instincts and recognition that allow him to play faster than his 4.56-second 40-yard dash time at the combine. He sniffs plays out in a hurry. I think it’s fair to ask if he is truly versatile and if he’s always as willing to fill the alley. He’s just a good football player. Adams has all the intangibles in the world and will add much-needed leadership to the Cowboys’ secondary. Even as a rookie.
Love Adams, but would hate if they gave up their 2nd to get him.

Pants

Reaction score
wasn't Mo from LSU? steeeeeeRIKE one.....falling into the teens.....steeeeeRIKE two.....

DFWJC

Reaction score

Cant imagine Adams dropping that far.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

Yeeesh. Adams will absolutely not fall that far. If he does, then he's worth a low first and a low second round pick. He's a phenomenal player.

But people still cling to the old idea that Jerry runs roughshod over the people in the Dallas war room. Doesn't happen anymore.

What Jerry wants, Jerry gets.... pssshhhh. More like, when Stephen says it's time for his Alzheimer medication, Jerry gets it.

fishspill

Reaction score
Dallas has been into gambling with 2nd round picks but I'm more about gambling with 3rd rounders. I like what I see with him more than most DEs and I have an obsession with the position that borders on unhealthy. I would give up the 3rd to get him.

I'm not trying to win the Super Bowl next year as I think it's unrealistic. I'm trying to build a team. I feel better about him being a part of a champion in the years to come than I do having the opportunity to draft an average-to-solid plug-and-play safety. We can buy dudes like that in FA with the cap space we should have in the near future if we fail to develop them from lower picks.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I would give up a 2nd and take back a late 4th or give up a 3rd and a 4th. remember we are drafting late each round, the picks don't hold much value like they do early and even mid.