Would you pull the trigger?

wrongway

Reaction score
If the texans called to trade for Romo for Watt straight up. Don't know the cap ramifications but I would do it if it's workable. Both coming off back injuries. Both top level players when healthy. Sure you have to wait til next season for watt but I guess I'm a gambler.
No romo hate but ready to move with the kid. I root for the team, the names have come and gone in my fifty years. The star stays. You may now commence firing.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
I'll help Romo pack up his locker and move to Houston.

(and I'm a YUGE Romosexual)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the texans called to trade for Romo for Watt straight up. Don't know the cap ramifications but I would do it if it's workable. Both coming off back injuries. Both top level players when healthy. Sure you have to wait til next season for watt but I guess I'm a gambler.
No romo hate but ready to move with the kid. I root for the team, the names have come and gone in my fifty years. The star stays. You may now commence firing.
If I offer you $1 for $10 does that make me a gambler also?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I love me some Romo but I would do it just to watch Texans fans heads explode. They are already hating this brock guy and they hate Romo even more. It would be classic.

waldoputty

Reaction score

Absolutely, then I would flip Watt for a healthy lesser-talent DE

erod

Reaction score
Watt could be finished as we knew him.

A bad back is horrible for a man that size and at that position.

plymkr

Reaction score
I love me some Romo but I would do it just to watch Texans fans heads explode. They are already hating this brock guy and they hate Romo even more. It would be classic.
I don't man, I think the Texans are so fed up with Brock they would probbaly trade for Sanchez at this point. They'd love Romo

But to answer the main question and putting me heart aside, I think you'd have to make that trade. Watt has a good 5-6 years left in him of real all pro production. He'll recover from his back issues and even if he didn't fully recover he's still better than anyone we got.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I would make the trade but you risk throwing this season away if Dak gets injured. Watt's best days could be done but Romo's not likely to be back next season if Dak continues to play the way he has.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I read something this morning that talked about a trade Romo for Ware. While I don't think this would happen at least your talking 2 players at the same points of their career which would be more realistic than Watts coming to Dallas for Romo.