Would you rather have

J-man

Reaction score
I have noticed that many on here are not happy with our 1st pick and some aren't thrilled with the 2nd pick either. So going back and reviewing, I wondered how many of you would have preferred to have a different duo instead of Smith/Williams? And who that would be?

Here is the list of players on the O-line and D-line that were still available up to pick 88. All of them were available at 24, but the players in red were picked by another team before pick 56. So I'd like to hear your preferred duo, if not Smith/Williams. Pick one player in red as our 24th pick and than another player in black as our 56th pick.

Smith, Linderbaum, Johnson, Wyatt, Strange, Karlaftis, Hall, Ebiketie, Mafe, Ojabo, Paschal, Mathis, Jurgans, Williams, Goedeke, Ingram, Jackson, Bonitto, Fortner, Ezeudu, Emerson, Petit-Frere, Lucas, Jones, Raimann, Wright, Malone, Leal, Thomas

I like the duo of Smith/Williams, but I think I'd like Smith/Jones a little better. Johnson/Goedeke or Linderbaum/Jones would right there too.

If one of the mods can make this a poll that would be great!

Reaction score
I'm tied between Linderbaum/Jones & Linderbaum/Ingram. You stay true to your board, & those players were higher on my board than who was picked. The Ravens owned this draft, because they are a team that knows how to evaluate talent, & stay true to their board.

J-man

Reaction score
Why do we have to be forced to take an OL and DL with those picks?

because that's what the team took, most of the best players in the draft class were either O or D lineman and 2 of our biggest needs.
Thanks for making this a poll for us. :/

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
because that's what the team took, most of the best players in the draft class were either O or D lineman and 2 of our biggest needs.
Thanks for making this a poll for us. :/

I don't care what the team took. Not when you're asking me what I would do with those two picks.

J-man

Reaction score
100% I would.

Give me Johnson and Jones.

Interesting that you'd go all D-line, not saying I disagree, but our Oline situation kind of dictated that we needed at least 1 of these guy on that side of the ball.

J-man

Reaction score
I don't care what the team took. Not when you're asking me what I would do with those two picks.

So put your own picks down, just make sure they were available when we picked. I may have gone with Anderson at 56 myself.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have noticed that many on here are not happy with our 1st pick and some aren't thrilled with the 2nd pick either. So going back and reviewing, I wondered how many of you would have preferred to have a different duo instead of Smith/Williams? And who that would be?

Here is the list of players on the O-line and D-line that were still available up to pick 88. All of them were available at 24, but the players in red were picked by another team before pick 56. So I'd like to hear your preferred duo, if not Smith/Williams. Pick one player in red as our 24th pick and than another player in black as our 56th pick.

Smith, Linderbaum, Johnson, Wyatt, Strange, Karlaftis, Hall, Ebiketie, Mafe, Ojabo, Paschal, Mathis, Jurgans, Williams, Goedeke, Ingram, Jackson, Bonitto, Fortner, Ezeudu, Emerson, Petit-Frere, Lucas, Jones, Raimann, Wright, Malone, Leal, Thomas

I like the duo of Smith/Williams, but I think I'd like Smith/Jones a little better. Johnson/Goedeke or Linderbaum/Jones would right there too.

Tyler Smith was my favorite player in this draft. I started posting about him several weeks ago.

• Travis Jones was my favorite DT in this draft; however, Sam Williams has 1st round talent.
    • SW was available due to character concerns.
    • I'll trust Dan Quinn on this one because Quinn spent extensive time with Williams.
  • There is video of Williams during his 30 visit with the Cowboys.
    • Quinn: Did you sleep well?
    • SW: No, I just wanted to get back in here.
    • Quinn: Me too.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Smith/Jones was my dream scenario, but I like they addressed the position later on with Ridgeway.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Tyler Smith was my favorite player in this draft. I started posting about him several weeks ago.

• Travis Jones was my favorite DT in this draft; however, Sam Williams has 1st round talent.
    • SW was available due to character concerns.
    • I'll trust Dan Quinn on this one because Quinn spent extensive time with Williams.
  • There is video of Williams during his 30 visit with the Cowboys.
    • Quinn: Did you sleep well?
    • SW: No, I just wanted to get back in here.
    • Quinn: Me too.
Not disagreeing with you but what made Tyler Smith your favorite player in the draft? At the beginning of the draft he wouldn't of been my pick at 24 but the way picks unfolded I'm not disappointed with the pick at all.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Jermaine Johnson and Travis Jones would have been a home run. Linderbaum and Jones would have been too IMO, but there's a little question about bringing in a 1st round C when we need a LG. On the other hand, there is no question Johnson could jump into the starting RE spot immediately.

I don't really like Dylan Parham, but you can grab him in the 3rd if you need a guard.

visionary

Reaction score
Jermaine Johnson and Travis Jones would have been a home run. Linderbaum and Jones would have been too IMO, but there's a little question about bringing in a 1st round C when we need a LG. On the other hand, there is no question Johnson could jump into the starting RE spot immediately.

I don't really like Dylan Parham, but you can grab him in the 3rd if you need a guard.

this is what I had said in draft day

rd 1: Johnson
Rd 2: Jones
Rd 3: Rhyan, OG
Rd 4: Faalele, OT

cowboyec

Reaction score
personally...
24.devontae wyatt,dt-georgia
56.nicholas petit-frere,ot-ohio st

have 0 problem with how it played out tho.
fan of both picks.