Would you rather lose in the SB or lose in the first round if the latter meant Garrett was fired?

JBond

Reaction score
Bevause I have a strong suspicion what many of our “fans” answer will be.
I never want a loss. What will happen is the red headed genius will lose in the first round and be signed to an extension ensuring more years of crap football.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Pretty sad state when the only options to a "Fan Card" question involve Dallas losing.

If you're giving me my choice, I'd like to win it all.

LittleD

Reaction score
Pretty sad state when the only options to a "Fan Card" question involve Dallas losing.

If you're giving me my choice, I'd like to win it all.

Of course you would just like most Dallas fans. Fat chance of that happening with this coaching staff and QB. Actually, NO chance.

LittleD

Reaction score
I never want a loss. What will happen is the red headed genius will lose in the first round and be signed to an extension ensuring more years of crap football.

That is most likely scenario to happen. Jerry loves his "red headed" stepson almost as much as Stephen.

The Natural

Reaction score
This team isnt going to the super bowl so why create these theatrical dick measuring contests to measure one’s fanhood, go enjoy your christmas

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

If we get to the SB with this team then I have no issues. I would rather get to the SB. It would have to be one hell of a job by the coaching staff to get us there. If we can get to the SB with THIS team, then we can win the SB with Garrett as HC with more talent.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Some fans have plainly expressed that they would rather have Garrett fired than go to a Super Bowl. There is an incredible fallacy in that logic, but I do not doubt those 'fans' are out there. They would legitimately be upset if JG coached us to Super Bowl because it means he would be retained.
the difference is that the "players" will have to take us to the big dance,, Red will have little to nothing to do with that, he never has.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Win the SB.

Rooting for Garrett to be fired is dumb Imho.
Here's why:
1. Jerry Jones and the FO. Some moves are Jerry, some, Stephen, some McClay. We have a 3 headed office and they are not always on the same page.

2. Stong coaches want to weird power over personnel. That doesn't happen here.

3. Dave Campo... There's no guarantee Jerry hires the hot name you think. Or they hire a young guy who can't cut it as 1st time head coach.

Do we need some new assistants? Yes but Garrett as the HC is like a buffer from the jonses to the team. Linehan, Moore can go and I'd like to see an experienced QB coach with a new OC that is a little more open to play calling.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Going to the SB is a rare privilege for a franchise and its fans. I'd rather see my team go to the big game even if Rich Kotite was the HC.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
So, it goes to reason that if the Cowboys win the first round Garrett gets a stay of execution.

I’d rather concentrate on winning and stop with scenarios that cause Garrett, Linehan, Rowdy, or any other member of the organization to be fired.

With two NFC East titles in 3 years, JG isn't going anywhere, regardless of playoff results.

Lose in the 1st and let our offense look like the past two games and we might get a new OC. Might be a great thing, or we might be wishing SL was back. That O-line coaching change sure didn't work out earlier this year.

Onward and upward!

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
The Superbowl is end all, be all in sports. It's the cream of the crop, it's the big dance, it's all that every team strives for. If you make it there, not much else matter, because you've come full circle. Firing Garrett, would not matter at that point. But reality is, 99-1 we won't have to worry about that. This team is not going anywhere until we replace Dak.