Twitter: Would you replace Cobb with Percy Harvin?

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I'm in the minority, but I'm not worried about bringing in someone to replace Cobb. Pollard will have an expanded role and Jarwin will be more active in the passing game than Witten. Those two alone will approximate Cobb's production. Plus, we're still planning to run a heavy dose of Zeke.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
The guy hasn't even played since what , 2016 ? Draft a youngster in the 4th or 5th round.............All the talk in the off-season has been this class is loaded with wide-out talent..........

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Harvin is a very good player but in my opinion as deep as this draft is at WR I think Dallas could find a very good slot WR through out this draft.

joseephuss

Reaction score
No, thanks. He was good(not great) his first 3 years in the league many years ago. He got by on his athleticism, but never seemed to improve those little nuances of the wide receiver position. You don't get better sitting out 3 years of football and that is on top of only appearing in 30 games over his last 5 seasons. He missed 53 games over his playing career. I don't see him being worth the time. Maybe if he returned punts, but he has never done that in his career. Go younger and someone who has been playing in recent seasons.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm in the minority, but I'm not worried about bringing in someone to replace Cobb. Pollard will have an expanded role and Jarwin will be more active in the passing game than Witten. Those two alone will approximate Cobb's production. Plus, we're still planning to run a heavy dose of Zeke.
We are a high volume passing team. Even though he was very good, we still have to replace Wittens production. Thats more where Jarwin comes in. Even if we give him more opportunities, Pollard isnt going to replace Cobbs production.

We lost a lot of targets in FA. Probably more than people realize. Its very doubtful we can successfully replace them without adding top talent

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm confused........Stephen just said they will look to the draft for Cobb's replacement. But I can't imagine them using 1st, 2nd or even 3rd round pick on a slot receiver. Even if its a 3rd, seems to me asking him to be a day-one starter is reaching a bit. Unless he was also saying they could trade a pick on draft day for a vet.

12+88=7

Reaction score
The key in the NFL is to stay young. 30 is the magic number.

Both kickers, the punter, and long snapper are over 30. That's ok. They're not really football players.

Lee 33, McCoy 32, Olawale 31, Crawford 30, and Goodwin 30 have all hit the magic number in the NFL.

You look to replace players that are 30 and over. You don't look to add them.