Twitter: Would you replace Cobb with Percy Harvin?

817Gill

Reaction score
Signing him doesn’t preclude us from taking someone in rounds 3-5. I see no reason not to sign him to a 1-year incentive-laden deal. If he can still run then we have another weapon and hedge our bet on the drafted WR (no guarantee any of these guys contribute Day 1). If Harvin can’t go you cut him at little to no cost.

Don’t really see the downside or why we are beholden to only adding more slot WR’s through the draft. We can do both ya know

Doomsday1976

Reaction score
Signing him doesn’t preclude us from taking someone in rounds 3-5. I see no reason not to sign him to a 1-year incentive-laden deal. If he can still run then we have another weapon and hedge our bet on the drafted WR (no guarantee any of these guys contribute Day 1). If Harvin can’t go you cut him at little to no cost.

Don’t really see the downside or why we are beholden to only adding more slot WR’s through the draft. We can do both ya know

The voice of reason and logic. Exactly, why does it have to be one or the other. Sign Harvin on an incentive structured 1 year deal and draft a WR. Beyond Cooper and Gallup, which WR on this roster stands out?

luckyman76

Reaction score
I don't see a problem with giving him a go for a NG vet min deal to compete at camp for the slot but I don't remember him being a good route runner and that to me is a killer in the slot. Space and timing is INCREDIBLY important in the slot. You are not just studying your route but understanding the play and D formation and where their coverage is going to shift after the snap. You have to adjust your routes to help your QB. Cowboys led the league in drops. Witten knew how to sit in zones but he couldn't move any more. This became so damn lazy over the years but at least its productive. If someone like Harvin cannot even get open because he runs a bad angle that makes it impossible to throw to him then we would be getting worse. Does he have the ability to take advantage or quick slants, short YAC plays, or even longer deep crossing patterns? Anyone can run a 9 or straight up the seam.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Percy Harvin? Haven’t heard his name in years. He hasn’t played since 2016. His last five years in the league were dismal to say the least. I would rather have Dez. lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
he and Tavon are the same player.. brittle and hardly done anything recently..i rather bring back Dez if we want a WR that is washed up and wants another shot.. we will DRAFT cobbs replacement..

kskboys

Reaction score
Did you know:

Harvin's last 4 years in the NFL his high was 51 catches for 483 yards.

That was 2014 where he played for 2 teams.

Here's some totals for you:

2012: 9 games/62/677
2013: 1 game/1/17
2014: 13 games/51/483
2015: 5 games/19/218
2016: 2 games/2/6

I'm going to have to say no. Looks like a waste of time to me.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
He's making a comeback at age 31

Wouldn’t bring him in no matter how cheap a deal it was. I live in Seattle and saw just how big a PITA and a diva he was while on the Seahawks. Don’t need that attitude. Plus, I agree with the posters here who said there’s no way he hasn’t lost a lot of speed.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He is in the long list of guys you can add after the draft if you miss on WR in the middle rounds.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The key in the NFL is to stay young. 30 is the magic number.

Both kickers, the punter, and long snapper are over 30. That's ok. They're not really football players.

Lee 33, McCoy 32, Olawale 31, Crawford 30, and Goodwin 30 have all hit the magic number in the NFL.

You look to replace players that are 30 and over. You don't look to add them.

Why 30? Seems many players still are very productive at ages 32 or so.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Percy Harvin would be a major step down from Cobb. I want us to upgrade the position not get worse. We’re not going to get better by adding another player who hasn’t played in years.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Isn’t he partially brain damaged by now. Didn’t he retire because of multiple concussions.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Harvin has had so many injury issues that he was active for only 21 games from 2013 to 2016.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He’s probably all in because now he can smoke weed for his migraines.
Exactly.

And when you have smoked enough you can close your eyes and exhale and dream anything.

The whole CBA has opened up a 'new pipeline's of talent just waiting to play again.

Instead of the defunk XFL, we can have the Pass The Jount League..the PTJ League.

Sort of catchy and as Jimmy Hendrex would say..

"Are you experienced..enough to play?"

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Another "give him a vet minimum contract we can always cut him" guy? There's got to be dozens, maybe hundreds, of other WR's to consider before him.
It's not a tough call at all.
No.