Would you sign Brees or Brady?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NOPE. Are you ready to say that Tannehill was better than Brees? B/c he led the entire league in passer rating. Passer rating is pretty meaningless.

Dak can make a play when things don't work. Brees can't. Brees is barely even a top-10 QB right now.

Yep, Dak can make them play's baby!!
Brees and Brady can't touch his massive talent base!!!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yep, Dak can make them play's baby!!
Brees and Brady can't touch his massive talent base!!!

Good one. You can do the same thing for every quarterback in the league, including Brees & Brady.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you truly really thought hey we could win the Super Bowl right now in the next 2 years. I know, it probably won’t Happen but what if you franchised Dak and traded him for a 1st. Spend our two 1st rounders to load up on defense, then sign Brady or Brees for 2 years? Just go ALL in. Why not now? Then after Brees or Brady retire we let McCarthy draft a young stud.
so with better teams they both got bounced in the first round and it was a lot to do with their productions that has fallen off,,

so you want to go after 2 aging QBs on the downsides of their careers that couldn't get ot done with better teams and some of the best coaches in football?? Brees isnt available but Brady is so its truly only Brady as an option at this point unless Brees is cut.. I didnt see much great play from mr12 all season.. Dak truly was better QB this season and with improvements and better play calling to protect him,, I think I try and FT him and see how it works..

I do want to draft another QB or bring in a journeymen like a Keenum or Fitz type to give MM options because I doubt he lets Dak have game like Philly I the 2nd half without benching him and lettings Rush finish.. sticking with struggling injured player to not hurt his feelings is a Garett issue. McCarthy is a seasoned HC with a demeanor to make change like that and has no loyaltys to Dak..I still believe we win that Philly game with a QB that could have hit all those wide open WRs..not saying yo bench Dak all year for rush but truly as leader at HC , you have to make tough decsions like that..

thats an improvement? I like their leadership and possibly better poise under pressure but pure production, we are better off with Dak with this new staff and better mix of Zeke and pollard to not be so pass happy at times like last year..

its a novel idea but im not sure its a great solution..its high risk for sure..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wait, another team would give us a 1st for DAK???
we can easily find out NON exclusive FT allows him to negotiate with other teams with us being able to match or get 2 1st rounders for him but if for some reason we wanted to trade him for less for the best offer , we could..

I want to find out daks true market as well as show dak and his agents hes not as coveted as they think he is demanding 35+....

willia451

Reaction score
I heard this idea on 105.3 The Fan yesterday. Dumb. No.

Hell no.

The only way I would even consider it is if we had an elite defense already, very good ST, and no real holes on Offense.

But if we had all that................Dak would be a lot better as well.

So no. No. And..............no.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
NOPE. Are you ready to say that Tannehill was better than Brees? B/c he led the entire league in passer rating. Passer rating is pretty meaningless.

Dak can make a play when things don't work. Brees can't. Brees is barely even a top-10 QB right now.
I like Dak, but he’s definitely not better than Brees, eveb at this point in his career. Brady is pretty much done, but I’d still take Brees over Dak if we had the chance of winning it all in 1-2 years.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I like Dak, but he’s definitely not better than Brees, eveb at this point in his career. Brady is pretty much done, but I’d still take Brees over Dak if we had the chance of winning it all in 1-2 years.
You bringing Sean Payton with him?

Brees is done. He's worse than Brady right now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have utmost respect for both QB but at this stage, no I would not. I think Dak made some positive steps this year and look forward to him working with McCarthy this off season as he gets ready for the 2020 season

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Honestly it is baffling that people think this. A lot do, and it doesn't make any sense.
How does it not make any sense? In what world has Dak ever been better than Brees? 2018 was one of Brees’s best years efficiency wise, & this year wasn't that far off.

You can make the case that Dak is better than a good amount of other QBs in the league, but Brees isn’t one of them. Dude is still a top 5 QB imo. If age wasn’t a factor, the only guys I’d take over Brees is Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Rodgers, & maybe Watson.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly it is baffling that people think this. A lot do, and it doesn't make any sense.
The "people" as you call them are sick and tired of getting embarrassed pretty much weekly by teams over.500!
The "people" can see a LEMON QB as the people have eyes and are sick and tired of FG after FG after FG and 3 and outs till its Garbage time!
The "people" want a passing game as once Zeke is stopped (2-11 when Zeke is under 75 yards) we are unable to score!
The "people" miss a QB who has accuracy and who can lead a Wr to the ball, including reading downfield and many more items that Dak's talents simply do not have!
The "people" over and out Dak-Employee....sell crazy elsewhere we have eyes and are not going to be bamboozled by Dak's PR dept!

Flamma

Reaction score
If you truly really thought hey we could win the Super Bowl right now in the next 2 years. I know, it probably won’t Happen but what if you franchised Dak and traded him for a 1st. Spend our two 1st rounders to load up on defense, then sign Brady or Brees for 2 years? Just go ALL in. Why not now? Then after Brees or Brady retire we let McCarthy draft a young stud.

If the Cowboys problems was just at QB I'd agree, but it's not. Look around the league, how many Super Bowls have these elite quarterback won not counting Brady? Only Brady is churning out the appearances. That's mainly due to coach and system. A coach and system he won't have in Dallas.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The "people" as you call them are sick and tired of getting embarrassed pretty much weekly by teams over.500!
The "people" can see a LEMON QB as the people have eyes and are sick and tired of FG after FG after FG and 3 and outs till its Garbage time!
The "people" want a passing game as once Zeke is stopped (2-11 when Zeke is under 75 yards) we are unable to score!
The "people" miss a QB who has accuracy and who can lead a Wr to the ball, including reading downfield and many more items that Dak's talents simply do not have!
The "people" over and out Dak-Employee....sell crazy elsewhere we have eyes and are not going to be bamboozled by Dak's PR dept!

The "people" have read your schtick a million times and it doesn't get any more interesting or insightful.

Dak is Dak, but the silliness you post suggests you're hardly the person to be judging any football player.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The people are you. And you don't know what you're talking about.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
How does it not make any sense? In what world has Dak ever been better than Brees? 2018 was one of Brees’s best years efficiency wise, & this year wasn't that far off.

You can make the case that Dak is better than a good amount of other QBs in the league, but Brees isn’t one of them. Dude is still a top 5 QB imo. If age wasn’t a factor, the only guys I’d take over Brees is Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Rodgers, & maybe Watson.
You're ignoring Sean Payton. Brees throws in the easiest system in the league.

Dak was better than Brees, by a MILE, this year. Efficiency is a product of Sean Payton, not Brees.