Would you sign Rush or Heinicke as backup

Thrill99

Reaction score
I know Heinicke is probably wanting to sign to start somewhere, but if you had your choice to sign one of them to backup Dak - which one? I'd definitely go with Heinicke.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Neither. We can do better at both. We need to draft a kid like Purdy.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I don’t pay Rush big money to play backup. I’d like to see more of Grier as I think he’s ready for that role.

Xeven

Reaction score
I was debating Rush or Wentz. Wentz done as starter in 2023 me think

Bagman

Reaction score
Neither. We can do better at both. We need to draft a kid like Purdy.
Purdy is average with an ok arm. If Purdy played for Chicago or Denver there wouldn't be a conversation about him. He happens to be surrounded by a bunch of all-pros and coached by the best staff in football.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They are about the same. I think I would prefer Rush because he has been around the team and beat two playoff teams, as well as the defending champs (although that doesn't look like a big win now)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GettyImages-1193345341-e1604433093431.jpg

Aven8

Reaction score
If we’re keeping Moore, Rush. He knows the offense just as well as Dak

jrumann59

Reaction score
While Rush performed admirably his lack of arm talent was obvious when teams made him try to throw outside the numbers and it takes a quarter for his passes to get there.

quickccc

Reaction score
While Rush performed admirably his lack of arm talent was obvious when teams made him try to throw outside the numbers and it takes a quarter for his passes to get there.

He beat a SB contender in Cincy Bengals ... that accounts huge for this team and its backup QB situation.

quickccc

Reaction score
We'll keep the guy that is most familiar with this offense and its personnel cast.

If some team decides to go bunkers with overpaying for Rush, we move on to Wil Grier as backup.