Would You Spend a 2nd on Abinikanda?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If you really want a good back, aside from Gibbs and Robinson, that's who you get.

He adds another element.

And then, if/when you lose Pollard, you don't really lose all that much Pollard.

I pull the trigger on Izzy. There's some benefit to having him for 4 years.

You also get another sure-fire starter in round 2.

Don't blow your 2nd on a risky player. Go get production with it.

He has so much potential. It's not even funny. He's only 20 years old.

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
I would but I’m higher on him than most. If you want someone to tote the rock 250/300+ times a year he’s RB2 for me.

I like Charbonnet a lot too but Izzy gives you homerun speed.

If we decided not too I’d be perfectly fine grabbing a mid-rounder but I think he’s way better than he’s getting credit for.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I would. If you want someone to tote the rock 250/300+ times a year he’s RB2 for me.

I like Charbonnet a lot too but Izzy gives you homerun speed.
That's what I'm saying. We can have three fast backs this year. It gives our offense another element that we need.

We need that speed.

I mean, if you really need a RB, and TE, I can't emphasize enough to trade down in this draft.

The meat of the draft is right there, at the back of the first anyway, to about the 3rd, maybe 4th, then it drops off.. So trade back, snatch a TE and a RB.

I would be happy trading back right away. That way, I get two likely starters at TE and RB early, since that just happens to be what this draft is known for. Get another corner or lineman the next pick, shortly thereafter. The strength of this draft is right there.

So why not just get the TE you like pick 1, and the RB you want pick 2.

Or vice versa.

Then, no excuses for Dak. Use free agency to build the defense.

You could even trade up to the fourth and then call it quits. Not sure we have all that many roster spots open anyway.

I'd rather get three guys I know who can start then two starters and five prospects.

Last edited:

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
See your point, but if not Gibbs in the first (Robinson gone before our pick), I would probably be inclined to wait until the 4th depending on the board.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
He's probably there at 90. If not, there will be comparable RB talent at 90.

I think they take Bijan at 26.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I will say Dallas may have to draft a round early on certain prospects. Izzy is lighting at 5'11, 215, and a TD waiting to happen of the hole is there. Cowboys need more Playmakers and Abanikanda is that...heck yeah you take where you can get him.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Deep RB class I don't see him ranked as a 2nd rounder in any draft board out there. Wouldn't force a pick like that when the class is deep and you can let the board fall to you.
I could see it turn out that he ends up being the best back in this class. Not saying it will. But he's very good. Hindsight is 20/20. And I know Bijan is a good player, but Izzy is just younger and still going to get even better. Just how I see it. Yeah, you don't get a big strong ox, but that guy can run, and he's way more athletic than he looks in uniform.

I wouldn't see it as a reach, but I know he's talented.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I just see a 1,000 yard rookie back, right there, easy. And for what we're trying to do on offense, it would add a fresh dimension.

It's a deep class. But it's deep as far as committee guys. This guy gives you another gear on the offense, that defenses have to respect.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Also, if we're going WCO, we need a guy who can play slot and RB.. So we can use motions, etc.

Achane would also fit that bill.

He gives you something other teams don't have.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Also, if we're going WCO, we need a guy who can play slot and RB.. So we can use motions, etc.

Achane would also fit that bill.

He gives you something other teams don't have.

I’m a big Achane fan.

A lot like Pollard.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Give me Achane anytime......Deuce Vaughn as well.. they are playmakers. Just don't expect them to be blockers -- need a FB for that.

J12B

Reaction score
If you really want a good back, aside from Gibbs and Robinson, that's who you get.

He adds another element.

And then, if/when you lose Pollard, you don't really lose all that much Pollard.

I pull the trigger on Izzy. There's some benefit to having him for 4 years.

You also get another sure-fire starter in round 2.

Don't blow your 2nd on a risky player. Go get production with it.

He has so much potential. It's not even funny. He's only 20 years old.

I see PFF has him as a 6th rounder. Not saying that's where he should be picked but it's a loose guideline for his value.

From the tape I've seen on him he does have home run speed but dang he always has huge holes and lanes to run through.

The earliest I'd take him is in the 5th round.

Maybe a 4th.

I have Charbonet, Gibbs, Bigsby and Miller who I really want if we don't get Bijon.