Would You Spend a 2nd on Abinikanda?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm not a huge Izzy fan, but I wouldn't hate him in the late 2nd at all. There's a wide-open role on this team for any good RB to play immediately and get 200 touches

cnuball21

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying. We can have three fast backs this year. It gives our offense another element that we need.

We need that speed.

I mean, if you really need a RB, and TE, I can't emphasize enough to trade down in this draft.

The meat of the draft is right there, at the back of the first anyway, to about the 3rd, maybe 4th, then it drops off.. So trade back, snatch a TE and a RB.

I would be happy trading back right away. That way, I get two likely starters at TE and RB early, since that just happens to be what this draft is known for. Get another corner or lineman the next pick, shortly thereafter. The strength of this draft is right there.

So why not just get the TE you like pick 1, and the RB you want pick 2.

Or vice versa.

Then, no excuses for Dak. Use free agency to build the defense.

You could even trade up to the fourth and then call it quits. Not sure we have all that many roster spots open anyway.

I'd rather get three guys I know who can start then two starters and five prospects.
Yea, I love the depth of RB in this class so my preference would be round 3/4 but I think Izzy is really, really good. He’s a top 50 player for me.

If he’s there guy and they think he can be the starter for life after Pollard I’d get on board.

J-man

Reaction score
no, a third maybe but more likely he goes a bit later, 4-6

Pass2Run

Reaction score

Spottswoode

Reaction score
I like Izzy but if I’m using R2 capital, I want someone who is also a receiving threat. For me, R2 is too rich for a good but one dimensional back.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I was talking about Sean Tucker as a pure runner in another thread today, and that got me thinking. Who are the best pure runners in this class?

Frankly, I think the Anaconda might be the second best after Bijan. It's him or Gibbs.

I don't like how he doesn't offer much value in the passing game. But if you have Pollard as your passing back (he's actually developed into a really good blocker), and you have 200+ carries available for a Zeke type runner, I think you can get your money's worth with Izzy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you really want a good back, aside from Gibbs and Robinson, that's who you get.

He adds another element.

And then, if/when you lose Pollard, you don't really lose all that much Pollard.

I pull the trigger on Izzy. There's some benefit to having him for 4 years.

You also get another sure-fire starter in round 2.

Don't blow your 2nd on a risky player. Go get production with it.

He has so much potential. It's not even funny. He's only 20 years old.
Its like house shopping. Dont even fall in love with one house.

I love Izzy but 2nd round is not smart. Miller you could get in the 3rd or 4th.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I was talking about Sean Tucker as a pure runner in another thread today, and that got me thinking. Who are the best pure runners in this class?

Frankly, I think the Anaconda might be the second best after Bijan. It's him or Gibbs.

I don't like how he doesn't offer much value in the passing game. But if you have Pollard as your passing back (he's actually developed into a really good blocker), and you have 200+ carries available for a Zeke type runner, I think you can get your money's worth with Izzy.
Izzy’s ability to one cut, plant and explode to top gear is second to none in this class. You’ve obviously got a few other home run hitters in Achane, Keaton and Gibbs but they’re small …Izzy is like 215. It’s so hard to find guys that have that kind of juice at that size.

If we can’t land him I like the bigger / contact balance guys…Miller / Roschon / Charb etc.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
His small hands are a physical issue.

Of all the RBs tested at the Combine, he had the smallest hands.

To put it in perspective, 5’-5” Duece Vaughn has 9 1/2” hands.
Deuce Vaugh is also interesting.

I wouldn't let hand size steer me away from Abinikanda.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Izzy’s ability to one cut, plant and explode to top gear is second to none in this class. You’ve obviously got a few other home run hitters in Achane, Keaton and Gibbs but they’re small …Izzy is like 215. It’s so hard to find guys that have that kind of juice at that size.

If we can’t land him I like the bigger / contact balance guys…Miller / Roschon / Charb etc.
That's kinda how I see it. I also like McBride, Evans, Brown...