Would you take a Center in the second?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
If Ruiz or Cushenberry are there do you trust Looney to do the job and keep going all in on defense?

Hardline

Reaction score
Ruiz is a day one starter.
I still trust McGovern to win the starting center job.

Creeper

Reaction score
No in the 2nd. But if Biadasz is there in the 3rd I would have a hard time not taking him. I admit this is because I have no idea about McGovern. I wish we knew more about him and I hope the Cowboys scouts and coaches do.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m not sure any of the Cs in this class are better prospects than McGovern was. He was an exceptional value when we got him in the 3rd and think he will be a solid pro.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Our bigger need might be LT or LG. I think we’ll be rebuilding our OL soon. We’ve already lost 3 of our 5 starters since our OL was in their prime (Free, Leary, Frederick). And Smith is no longer who he was. McGovern is part of that rebuilding process.

Gaede

Reaction score
If we didn't gaping holes at DE, CB, and WR, then yes. Unfortunately, C is way down on the needs list, though it's still important

Mr_437

Reaction score
Nawl, rather take an OT over C.
I want defense tho.

Verdammung

Reaction score
I'd draft Ruiz. Unfortunately he could go closer to 17 than 51.

Beyond that; pass.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Team doesn't need a star at every position. There are a lot of in-house options at the position. McGovern was probably drafted as an insurance policy if Travis couldn't make it fully back.

Gaede

Reaction score
Team doesn't need a star at every position. There are a lot of in-house options at the position. McGovern was probably drafted as an insurance policy if Travis couldn't make it fully back.

We don't need a star, but C is hugely important. I do think McGovern is the insurance policy, which is OK, and Looney is decent. But I would prefer to see a guy who plays that exact position, rather than just trying to get by.

cowboyec

Reaction score
only in a wipe out scenario...and maybe not even then.
we had a 2nd Rd grade on Penn St OL Connor McGovern last year for a reason.
they need to trust their board.
McGovern is our center.

in this class id only be interested in Cesar Ruiz or the kid from Wisconsin...but only in a apocolyptic-wipeout scenario of our board.