Would you take Ingram at 40?

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I love Mark Ingram and would like nothing more than him to be the guy here, but for that to happen Jerry would have to admit Felix is nothing more than a situational back and wasn't worthy of a 1st. I can't see him doing that.

If it were up to me I'd scoop him up in a heartbeat and see what I could get for either Choice or Felix once the CBA is settled.

basstapp

Reaction score
There are reports that Heyward might be a late mid to late first round pick. I dont see him sliding to 40 at all. Brandon Harris might slip to 40, but Ingram will be picked up by MIA or Washington. If he does slide into the late 30's MIA will trade up to get him.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
speedkilz88;3893772 said:
I think its a whole lot smarter to trade down with the first round pick and stay put with the second round pick. I think there is little difference between picks 9-19 exspecially in the positions the Cowboys are interested and you can gain a lot more compensation for the move down.
Same here. That's why I don't agree with the people who want to trade up in the first and then trade down in the second to recoup the pick we've lost. It always seems like there are several very good players around in the top third or so of the second round and it drops off as you get to the bottom of that round.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'd take him earlier then that if he were the best player on our board. He, IMO, represents that every down back I like to have in an offense. I would not take him at #9 but I would not have any problem if we traded down, picked up more picks and elected to take him lower in the 1st or earlier in the 2nd.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Of course I would take him at 40. He's a first round talent.

However, there's no way Miami passes on him and New England passes on him twice. I'm thinking that New England will take him with their first pick in round 1... if he's sitting there at their second pick, I don't see any way Hoodie passes on Ingram again.

egn22

Reaction score
yes.
walk away with the best RT available with our 9th pick, and then the best RB available with our 2nd round pick. that would be perfect, but i could almost guarantee that teams that pick 30-39 wouldn't all allow him to drop that far.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
You can't take a guy with the 40th pick if he has already been drafted. :)

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
AsthmaField;3893837 said:
Of course I would take him at 40. He's a first round talent.

However, there's no way Miami passes on him and New England passes on him twice. I'm thinking that New England will take him with their first pick in round 1... if he's sitting there at their second pick, I don't see any way Hoodie passes on Ingram again.

NE would have to pass on him 3 times. #17, #28 and #33.

Reaction score
Take him if he's there. He's too good. Next, somebody should start the "if Patrick Peterson falls to 71, do you take him?" thread. ;)

garyv

Reaction score
better and hes big and fast but if I drafted him at #40 than I'm trying to move Choice at some point...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Good god, some of you can't follow simple instructions. :laugh2: :laugh2:

The thread isn't about whether you think he'll be drafted by 40 or not.