Would you take Jarrad Davis, ILB

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
He is a sideline to sideline player. He can rush the passer on occasion, drop back in coverage on occasion, and definitely help against the run. He is a superior athlete.

While he isn't my first choice, I wouldn't be upset at all if we took this beast. He reminds me sometimes of Derrick Brooks. If his pro career is half as good, he could be a potential hall of famer.

Pants

Reaction score
I have him @ 38 on my board, 3 behind Watt that many covet....so, no, I don't take him at 28...a mini-trade back for us and now you have my attention...then, you start running some 3-4 sets on defense assuming Jaylon can play or let Smith blitz some

tm1119

Reaction score
Nope. Not because of his position or team needs, I just don't think he's a top 30 prospect.

dstew60105

Reaction score
Good player but not in Round 1. We have way too many other needs than drafting a MIKE in Rd1.

As a UF alum and having seen every game he's played, he is the best LB in the draft IMO. He's as good as Foster without the baggage.

chicago JK

Reaction score
He looks really good. Injury history is worrisome and he plays a position where guys get injured.

It may not be the soundest strategy to count on Jaylon ever regaining form or Sean lee playing injury free for next 5 years. But if both lee and Smith prove both above, how often are you going to be able to play with three linebackers on the field ina passing league?

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
I like Davis and think he would be an upgrade over Hitchens but at #28 is a little high in my opinion.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Not one of my top choices at 28. However, depending on how it goes I would be fine with him. Very good player and like him.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
If Jaylon is healthy- no. He wouldn't start over Smith or Lee and the SLB position with Rod is a part time gig.

Gaede

Reaction score
Yeah, we should consider him.

Wary of injury history though

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I have him @ 38 on my board, 3 behind Watt that many covet....so, no, I don't take him at 28...a mini-trade back for us and now you have my attention...then, you start running some 3-4 sets on defense assuming Jaylon can play or let Smith blitz some

He's the new breed LBer teams covet. Reminds me of Atlanta's Deion Jones...but not quite as fast.:rolleyes:

Definite improvement over Hitchens;)