Would you trade 2011's first round pick.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
For a 2nd and a 4th in this years draft, we all know this will be an insanely deep draft and 2011 will be insanely light, so would you? Because I know I would.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I would do it if it was very early 2nd and we were doing it for a particular player who was available. I wouldn't do it before the draft but if we were in love with a guy around say pick 42, I'd do it. Most likely though we'd be trading our 2nd and the 2011 1st to do it. Every team is aware of the different (potential) value difference between the 2010 and 2011 Drafts.

Well, maybe not the Raiders.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3089444 said:
I would do it if it was very early 2nd and we were doing it for a particular player who was available. I wouldn't do it before the draft but if we were in love with a guy around say pick 42, I'd do it. Most likely though we'd be trading our 2nd and the 2011 1st to do it. Every team is aware of the different (potential) value difference between the 2010 and 2011 Drafts.

Well, maybe not the Raiders.

I can't remember the last time I disagreed with your draft posts.

I would easily trade that first rounder in 2011 if a guy like Iupati or one of the LT's we like were there.

Next years class is pretty bad. There's the top 15 players then the dropoff is awful. Let's hope there's a run on QB's in the first this year. More talent to drop for us:D

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3089503 said:
I would easily trade that first rounder in 2011 if a guy like Iupati or one of the LT's we like were there.

:D

if we do then lets go for LT an Iupati

I am liking Fox more an more I see oh him - it Free does become our new LT then we got a good RT already in there to take Columbo s place

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3089522 said:
if we do then leta go for LT an Iupati

I am liking Fox more an more I see oh him - it Free does become our new LT then we got a good RT already in there to take Columbo s place

Brewster is the RT for the future. I just don't think Free will ever be a good LT. He's good depth though.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3089543 said:
Brewster is the RT for the future. I just don't think Free will ever be a good LT. He's good depth though.

at 6'4 I think he is a Gaurd to short to play tackle IMO -

I like my tackles big an nasty

like Columbo at 6-8

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3089503 said:
I can't remember the last time I disagreed with your draft posts.

Next years class is pretty bad. There's the top 15 players then the dropoff is awful. Let's hope there's a run on QB's in the first this year. More talent to drop for us:D

I think I wasn't clear.

I would trade it easily if we like a guy at the bottom of first or top of the second. Someone like Iupati or any other player we have a first round grade on who slips.

I would not just blindly trade it before the draft so we would have it going into the draft.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3089555 said:
I think I wasn't clear.

I would trade it easily if we like a guy at the bottom of first or top of the second. Someone like Iupati or any other player we have a first round grade on who slips.

I would not just blindly trade it before the draft so we would have it going into the draft.

Ya, I never said to trade it before the draft. I'd like to see who's there.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3089551 said:
at 6'4 I think he is a Gaurd to short to play tackle IMO -

I like my tackles big an nasty

like Columbo at 6-8

I like my tackles big and athletic

and Brewster is plenty big, and plenty athletic

although you're right, he's short, but his arms aren't that short

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I don't see how we can already know that 2011's class is going to be light. That's 18 months away.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3089640 said:
I like my tackles big and athletic

and Brewster is plenty big, and plenty athletic

although you're right, he's short, but his arms aren't that short

nope he IMO he is a Gaurd

They are looking for interior line depth and want to groom someone to eventually replace left guard Kyle Kosier. - by The Sports Xchange

Arm length 34 "

I am 6 -1 with 36 " arms

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3089433 said:
For a 2nd and a 4th in this years draft, we all know this will be an insanely deep draft and 2011 will be insanely light, so would you? Because I know I would.

I'd be open to trading the 2011 first to move up in this year's draft, I think, but I don't know if the return you propose would get me to trade...

silverbear

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3089506 said:
Oh and next mock I do, I'll be having us trading our 2011 first rounder!

Slate, what's the over/under on the number of mock drafts you'll do before the actual draft rolls around?? 50?? 60?? 100??

:D

silverbear

Reaction score
peplaw06;3089654 said:
I don't see how we can already know that 2011's class is going to be light. That's 18 months away.

Pep, the "experts" seem to think that a lot of underclassmen will come out this year ahead of the new CBA... this would deplete the 2011 crop somewhat...