Would you trade Byron Jones for Eli Apple?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Eli Apple - DB - Giants
Giants interim coach Steve Spagnuolo said he "was disappointed" by CB Eli Apple tweeting during the Week 14 loss to the Cowboys.

Apple was inactive for the fourth-straight game. He responded to a tweet asking why he was not playing with, "I'm too healthy," and retweeted a message praising Cowboys RB Rod Smith's 81-yard touchdown. "I had a conversation with Eli about that," Spagnuolo said. "I told him I was disappointed. We'll decide exactly what we do with it. He apologized. We move on from that." ESPN's Jordan Raanan has reported Apple is "disliked within the organization," and this incident is unlikely to help. It is possible the Giants look to move on during the offseason.

Source: ESPN
Dec 12 - 9:34 AM

Verdict

Reaction score
Eli Apple - DB - Giants
Giants interim coach Steve Spagnuolo said he "was disappointed" by CB Eli Apple tweeting during the Week 14 loss to the Cowboys.

Apple was inactive for the fourth-straight game. He responded to a tweet asking why he was not playing with, "I'm too healthy," and retweeted a message praising Cowboys RB Rod Smith's 81-yard touchdown. "I had a conversation with Eli about that," Spagnuolo said. "I told him I was disappointed. We'll decide exactly what we do with it. He apologized. We move on from that." ESPN's Jordan Raanan has reported Apple is "disliked within the organization," and this incident is unlikely to help. It is possible the Giants look to move on during the offseason.

Source: ESPN
Dec 12 - 9:34 AM

Talent wise? Yes.

It sounds like Apple is a cancer and you never want to let cancer get started, so i would probably pass.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Did Jones even play Sunday? Maybe he is too healthy too...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If Apple wasn't a ten cent head......... absolutely.

Could be a maturity issue...if so, I would think we have enough vets to keep him in line. Interestingly he and Zeke were teammates........

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Why trade for him? Looks like the Giants may just cut him loose. If so, I'd be willing to give him a "prove it or be gone" deal in a change of scenery.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I remember the Giants reached quite a bit for him where he was selected but I was under the impression he played pretty well his rookie year?? Has he regressed?

(I could be thinking of another player all together as well)