Would you trade Jaylon Smith to Raiders for Clelin Ferrel

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
No way Im looking to trade Jaylon for a Ham Sandwich.
Now with Tank out for extended time, and Parsons our best pass rush from edge, having Jaylon inside will prove to be value now more than ever.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I wouldn't be excited about the trade, but Ferrell cost a little less against the cap for the next two years (9.8 vs 8.5 / 11.8 vs 9.9) but unlike Jaylon, his contract is done after 2022 vs 2025 for Jaylon.

I don't know if we would be getting a player worth a darn (outside of being a #4 overall pick, Ferrell doesn't look to have done much in the NFL), but it looks like a decent cap trade.

I say go for it.
:thumbup:

NotForLong

Reaction score
i would b/c we need DEs. I bet Cox can come in and play just as well as J. Smith

He looks good to me. . . Apparently he got in Chucky's Dog House and the Fan base never accepted Him because He was drafted so high.

Maybe time to move on.

It would hurt our LB depth but Clelin would be an asset on our D Line

Chucky has Jerry's Number . . . I would welcome this.

Besides Jaylon would look good in the Silver & Black . .

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
If it were not for the cap hit, sure, next year of course I would.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't be excited about the trade, but Ferrell cost a little less against the cap for the next two years (9.8 vs 8.5 / 11.8 vs 9.9) but unlike Jaylon, his contract is done after 2022 vs 2025 for Jaylon.

I don't know if we would be getting a player worth a darn (outside of being a #4 overall pick, Ferrell doesn't look to have done much in the NFL), but it looks like a decent cap trade.

I say go for it.

Yeah but playing alongside Carlos Watkins may salvage Ferrell's career.

kskboys

Reaction score
Of course, no brainer. Ferrell is at least a quality backup.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jaylon has been stepping things up lately.

This past Sunday, he appears to have almost made one play in pass defense.

Just don't look too closely.

Probably due to the switch to #9. That's clearly helped.

What did he call himself not too long ago? An impact player? Something like that.

No idea how he thinks that. Oh wait yeah I do.

From the one person in existence more delusional than himself.

coult44

Reaction score
https://heavy.com/sports/las-vegas-...8iq9QOnwQ1Xn3i0dgAgqL3JNPmQk_AM4s9k5EHWEyLmXg

Proposed Trade Has Raiders Swapping Key Defenders With Cowboys
Share via E-mail
  • 15.8K Views
  • 175 Shares
  • Updated Sep 21, 2021 at 12:11pm
GettyJaylon Smith of the Dallas Cowboys.

Don’t look now, but the Las Vegas Raiders are one of the hottest teams in the NFL. It’s no surprise that the offense is one of the best in the league. What is surprising is how well the defense is playing. Through two games, the group has five sacks and forced three turnovers. If the defense can continue to play like a top 20 unit in the NFL, the Raiders will be in the playoffs.

Head coach Jon Gruden and general manager Mike Mayock have shown a willingness to swing big on defense this offseason with the additions of Gerald McCoy, K.J. Wright and Denzel Perryman shortly before the season started. Now that it looks like the Raiders are for real, the team could take another swing.

Alex Kay of Bleacher Report believes the Raiders should call up the Dallas Cowboys and see if they’d have interest in swapping linebacker Jaylon Smith for defensive end Clelin Ferrell:

Speaking of Vegas, we should’ve signed KJ in the off season. Cheap and still hella good

speedkilz88

Reaction score

I say go for it.
It doesn't work that way. Only salaries are traded. Bonuses already paid are the original teams problem as far as the cap.

It's $3.345984 this year and $4.771476 next for Clelin and they would be getting rid of the rest of Jaylon's 2021 guaranteed salary $7.2

(minus game checks already paid)

Last edited:

SackMaster

Reaction score
It doesn't work that way. Only salaries are traded. Bonuses already paid are the original teams problem as far as the cap.

It's $3.345984 this year and $4.771476 next for Clelin and they would be getting rid of the rest of Jaylon's 2021 guaranteed salary $7.2
I don't know how trades work as far as the cap is concerned, so thanks for the update.

But just so I'm clear, we would be saving about 3.5 million against the cap trading Jaylon for Clelin, vs the ~1.5 ish million from the "cap numbers"?
:huh:

Feel free to break it down Barney style if you want, I won't be offended.
:grin:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I don't know how trades work as far as the cap is concerned, so thanks for the update.

But just so I'm clear, we would be saving about 3.5 million against the cap trading Jaylon for Clelin, vs the ~1.5 ish million from the "cap numbers"?
:huh:

Feel free to break it down Barney style if you want, I won't be offended.
:grin:
I'm not going to break it down that far. I'm about ready for bed. But you got the basics of the salaries, but we would take the cap hit for ending Jaylon's contract so all his prorated money would have to be dealt with as well which is going to happen before next March anyway. Because they are definitely going to part ways with him before his next seasons salary is guaranteed.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
https://heavy.com/sports/las-vegas-...8iq9QOnwQ1Xn3i0dgAgqL3JNPmQk_AM4s9k5EHWEyLmXg

Proposed Trade Has Raiders Swapping Key Defenders With Cowboys
Share via E-mail
  • 15.8K Views
  • 175 Shares
  • Updated Sep 21, 2021 at 12:11pm
GettyJaylon Smith of the Dallas Cowboys.

Don’t look now, but the Las Vegas Raiders are one of the hottest teams in the NFL. It’s no surprise that the offense is one of the best in the league. What is surprising is how well the defense is playing. Through two games, the group has five sacks and forced three turnovers. If the defense can continue to play like a top 20 unit in the NFL, the Raiders will be in the playoffs.

Head coach Jon Gruden and general manager Mike Mayock have shown a willingness to swing big on defense this offseason with the additions of Gerald McCoy, K.J. Wright and Denzel Perryman shortly before the season started. Now that it looks like the Raiders are for real, the team could take another swing.

Alex Kay of Bleacher Report believes the Raiders should call up the Dallas Cowboys and see if they’d have interest in swapping linebacker Jaylon Smith for defensive end Clelin Ferrell:
Let me think about it. Yes.