Would you trade our entire draft class

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, he's not the answer anymore than adding Lamb was.

I would take ATL's GM in a trade for the Cowboys. I would even take his grandson, even if he's a Spaulding.

I am going to try and focus on the first 2 picks and forget that 3rd round. Joseph is a wild card and could end up in trouble but he can play football.

I feel about Parsons just as I did Claiborne. Best D player available. Didn't work out for the Cowboys but he was a good pick at the time and so is Parsons.

Sydla

Reaction score
I olike Dane but I dont putb him above the scouting department

Brugler's rankings are in line with pretty much most other of the pundits, scouts.

There is zero doubt we reached for every guy in the third round, especially the last two. We are left hoping the front office is smarter than everyone else.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jaelen Phillips is the best defender in this draft.

I’d argue that Parsons isn’t even the best linebacker. Is Dallas supposed to blitz him every play?
sorry Phillips= injurys prone and Parsons was rate as a lot of predraft ratings as BEST DEFEDER PROSPECT in the draft..

get lover it you arent king nfl scout , you are keyboard internet armchair gm wanabee, got it.. keep throwing your opinions down our throats as if you know more then football experts

you do NOT!

Sydla

Reaction score
where was tom brady, tony romo, and Kurt warner on all these boards? many players with the mock so called experts have slipped through the cracks,,they arent the NFL Bible

thats why there are over 100 mock boards from so many sources, its away for fans to follow the draft but in no way does it matter to scouting departments and Gms add in professional coaches..ill trust our coaches and scouts until they all fail

You guys keep citing this random one off examples as justification but it's idiotic.

Because for every Brady that a scout had wrong, there are literally tens of hundreds of 4th, 5th, 6th round guys that they were dead on about.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
sorry Phillips= injurys prone and Parsons was rate as a lot of predraft ratings as BEST DEFEDER PROSPECT in the draft..

get lover it you arent king nfl scout , you are keyboard internet armchair gm wanabee, got it.. keep throwing your opinions down our throats as if you know more then football experts

you do NOT!

Yeah I don’t care about your rankings.

Parsons is good at things that linebackers in 1995 needed to be good at.

Everything else is a projection.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You guys keep citing this random one off examples as justification but it's idiotic.

Because for every Brady that a scout had wrong, there are literally tens of hundreds of 4th, 5th, 6th round guys that they were dead on about.

People love using outliers to justify things.

That one time isms.

I hope we have that one time moment but I doubt it. I do like the players we reached for though. I’m intrigued.

Flamma

Reaction score
No.

They haven't picked "my guys" but the focus has been defense. Pitts and nothing else wouldn't get this team anywhere.

At the beginning of the draft, absolutely not. In hindsight? I'm not so sure. Probably still not. I'd have to ask myself if I would trade Joseph and Parsons for Pitts. Dallas had 5 picks in the top 100 and got 2. What does Dallas have, 11 picks? They easily could have moved up to get some better prospects, but it looked like they had their minds set. I'm not the owner so I won't stress over it. I'm hoping for the best. But right now? I think more than half the league would probably trade the players we picked for Pitts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t care about your rankings.

Parsons is good at things that linebackers in 1995 needed to be good at.

Everything else is a projection.
ridiculous statement. Move on..

odd his NFL comps are Darius leanord and Dwhite. real experts had him top defender in the draft ..your opinion absolutely doesnt count unless you are counting..

get past it or go buy ATL garb and move on thee are your players..:clap::popcorn:

waving monkey

Reaction score
Brugler's rankings are in line with pretty much most other of the pundits, scouts.

There is zero doubt we reached for every guy in the third round, especially the last two. We are left hoping the front office is smarter than everyone else.
1st we may have reached by a round but is that the dooms day event?
Im reading comments that are blatantly not fair,
If you get two starters out of a draft thats considered successful. Parsons and Phats probably will be starters. Dane is giving complimentary comments to the cowboy draft. He did say he had then a round lower.
2nd Quinn has been pretty fair in drafting and recruiting in the past. Im not sure what happened in Atlanta.
Im now used to the annual gashing of teeth its a right of passage but we'll see.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
At the beginning of the draft, absolutely not. In hindsight? I'm not so sure. Probably still not. I'd have to ask myself if I would trade Joseph and Parsons for Pitts. Dallas had 5 picks in the top 100 and got 2. What does Dallas have, 11 picks? They easily could have moved up to get some better prospects, but it looked like they had their minds set. I'm not the owner so I won't stress over it. I'm hoping for the best. But right now? I think more than half the league would probably trade the players we picked for Pitts.

It’s not like this draft greatly improved our team.

Maybe in 3 years it will have done something but next years team improvement will come from a new scheme (hopefully).

Hardline

Reaction score
I would make the trade just to get Kyle Pitts alone.
Our first and second round picks dont justify not taking Pitts and whatever else Atlanta drafted.

Flamma

Reaction score
People love using outliers to justify things.

That one time isms.

I hope we have that one time moment but I doubt it. I do like the players we reached for though. I’m intrigued.

That's the thing. It really doesn't matter how good those players turn out to be if you could have picked them up on day 3. That's like drafting a kicker in the first round. He could be HOF. If you could have got him in the 4th, you screwed up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That's the thing. It really doesn't matter how good those players turn out to be if you could have picked them up on day 3. That's like drafting a kicker in the first round. He could be HOF. If you could have got him in the 4th, you screwed up.

Exactly.

They could turn out to be Hall Of Fame players.

The draft is now and we reached for them now.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Its like saying Tom Brady should have been now picked 1st overall. Well in hindsight if hes a 7th rounder, and you reallyy want him, you dont pick him 1st overall, you can grab him in the 6th round. We basically reach for a lot whether those players work out or not, they could have been had at later rounds.

Flamma

Reaction score
It’s not like this draft greatly improved our team.

Maybe in 3 years it will have done something but next years team improvement will come from a new scheme (hopefully).

At a glance I'd say not by much. But every season is different. We really don't know who will step up, if anybody. It could be contagious. Then there's coaching, motivation, a lot of things factor in.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
At a glance I'd say not by much. But every season is different. We really don't know who will step up, if anybody. It could be contagious. Then there's coaching, motivation, a lot of things factor in.

The best thing we have going for us is our division is trash and if we don’t make the playoffs everyone should be fired.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I at least like that the cowboys are trying to fix the front 7. Our front 7 has been soft and weak and trash for years.

We just gotta hope one or two of these 3rd rounders on the DL hits.