Would you trade scenario

timb2

Reaction score
There are a few teams later in the draft that need a QB.

Chicago
Indy
Washington
New England

Would you be willing to trade down to 19 with Washington so they can go up and get their QB if he falls to 10? And if so how much would you trade for?

I know mock drafts are normally goofy but we have seen some CRAZY trades over the years when a team is desperate to move up for a QB.

Almost every mock draft I do (from 3 different sites)....Trey Lance is sitting there at 10.

Only one of the sites I use allow for trades (without paying to upgrade).

They do not except every trade so there does seem to be some limitations as far as value goes.
However it seems like QB needy teams they will allow to trade for more if there is a QB there.

Some teams will only except trades of around 3-4 picks max.

However it seems Washington seems to be the team that will give up the most.

Again I know it is a mock draft scenario but they are willing to give up quite a bit.

So with the idea that you would get a good return on the trade, would you be ok to trade with Washington so they could come up and get Lance?

Just curious...and bored.
I wouldn't want to trade with a Division Rival if they are looking for a franchise QB. Unless they are looking for Brandon Weeden when drafted was almost 28 years old or some sure misfit like Johnny Manziel or Jameis Winston.. .Commanders do have two 3rd round picks that are tempting in this draft. Commanders if I trade with them they better give up like what the Rams just gave up for Matt Stafford.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Hell, I'd have no problem trading with Washington, for a price...... their 1st, defensive starter ( one of the DLinemen ) AND 2022 2nd.

I would not want to take any current Washington players.
Take their future - draft picks.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Totally depends on situation for me.
If Dak is signed, and my list of starters (ie CB maybe LB) are gone, then yes I would probably trade down -- even with WFT.
Would I do it if I thought he was a franchise QB -- nope, I 'd draft him and use him later to eliminate any leverage or trade him for future picks.

If WFT wanted him and all my criteria was met, it would cost them swap #1, a #3 and next years #2 at a minimum. Hefty price for moving up 9 spots, but worth it to me, and worth it to them if he really is a franchise QB.

The QB leverage statement.....I think Dallas should draft a new QB every three years regardless of the situation. IF you can develop them, then they become great trade pieces later. I am sorry if the QB's of today don't want real competition, produce and you won't have to worry about it.

kskboys

Reaction score
There are a few teams later in the draft that need a QB.

Chicago
Indy
Washington
New England

Would you be willing to trade down to 19 with Washington so they can go up and get their QB if he falls to 10? And if so how much would you trade for?

I know mock drafts are normally goofy but we have seen some CRAZY trades over the years when a team is desperate to move up for a QB.

Almost every mock draft I do (from 3 different sites)....Trey Lance is sitting there at 10.

Only one of the sites I use allow for trades (without paying to upgrade).

They do not except every trade so there does seem to be some limitations as far as value goes.
However it seems like QB needy teams they will allow to trade for more if there is a QB there.

Some teams will only except trades of around 3-4 picks max.

However it seems Washington seems to be the team that will give up the most.

Again I know it is a mock draft scenario but they are willing to give up quite a bit.

So with the idea that you would get a good return on the trade, would you be ok to trade with Washington so they could come up and get Lance?

Just curious...and bored.
In a heartbeat.

Especially if we can pick up an extra first.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
IF Dak isn't signed to a long term deal by the draft I am trying to trade him, and I would be looking to move up from 10 if the picks I get from the trade aren't in the top 10 range.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence and Davis Mills are the best QB's in this year's draft, IMO. So I have no problem with trading back with Washington. It's Washington after all...they can't do anything right. They'll find a way to ***** things up.