Would you trade Zeke, Pollard, or neither?

Who would you rather trade?

• Ezekiel Elliott

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Tony Pollard

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 40 76.9%

• Total voters

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Well, no one is trading for Zeke's contract so trading him is an unreasonable task.

Pollard is on his rookie deal so he isn't getting traded.
I agree. I think Zeke is unmovable.

But, another week of a strong performance out of Pollard and he may have significant value.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wouldn't. The league doesn't value running backs enough to pay them....so I can only imagine the 5th or 6th round picks we'd get offered. They mean more to us than that.

This is the tough thing about trades....especially when you consider yourself a contender.

You have to ask yourself is what I'm getting in return worth hurting my team for this year? The only way I'd trade someone is if it would net me a 1st rounder or a 2nd rounder. Anything after that? I'd rather keep the player.

rambo2

Reaction score
Well, no one is trading for Zeke's contract so trading him is an unreasonable task.

The Cowboys aren't trading them. Why would they? They are trying to win now.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Depends on what we’d trade them for. As of now, I think they have more value for us than whatever we’d get in return.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Depends…

Right now? We’d need something pretty significant to do a deal now.

SackMaster

Reaction score
This year? Neither (unless you got a ridiculous offer in return)

I mean, who is the #2 if we trade one of them?

Clement? I'm not saying CC isn't a good, but he has never had more than 75 rushes in a year (something Pollard has done every since his rookie year)

Dowdle? Hard pass.

Besides, I like Zeke/Pollard a LOT more as 1/2, then Zeke or Pollard / someone available right now.

JMHO

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't. The league doesn't value running backs enough to pay them....so I can only imagine the 5th or 6th round picks we'd get offered. They mean more to us than that.

This is the tough thing about trades....especially when you consider yourself a contender.

You have to ask yourself is what I'm getting in return worth hurting my team for this year? The only way I'd trade someone is if it would net me a 1st rounder or a 2nd rounder. Anything after that? I'd rather keep the player.
^^^^^
Two good positive reasons for keeping them both. Mediocre trade value and they are both contributing very well to the offense.

Edited

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score

Even if it was possible it would be nuts to trade him at this point
We are playing pretty good football and that’s with several injuries and illnesses. The injuries and illnesses aren’t going to all of a sudden stop happening
It’s a very long season and having talent and depth is important

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Pollard is a complementary/change of pace back but not an every down starter. He’s had games where he can’t get out of the backfield. When he has a few carries that go nowhere fans want to trade him. Every time he has a good game or makes a long run fans want him to start over Zeke. Reminds me of the days of Troy Hambrick, Felix Jones and Marion Barber. All three were very good complementary backs that fans screamed for to start but when given the opportunity were lousy starters. The combo of Pollard and Zeke gives the Cowboys a good one-two punch at RB. Don’t think the Cowboys will continue to pay Zeke $15 million a season with the role and production he has. The offense revolves around Dak and the passing game. Zeke may be asked to take a pay cut next season or the Cowboys could move on if they can without taking a big cap hit.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
neither.
i'm not interested in getting rid of weapons.

Our offense is the best thing we have going. We have to keep all the weapons we can because there’s still going be plenty of games where we’re going to have to overcome the defense. The D has improved but it still needs plenty of work.