Would you want Dez Bryant now if he uses "Diva Clause" like crabtree did?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Dez Bryant-WR- Player Apr. 13 - 9:24 pm et

More than 10 teams have removed Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant from their draft boards, according to Profootballtalk.com.

One team is Seattle, which is a head-scratcher considering their public interest in Brandon Marshall. Bryant has compared his situation to that of Randy Moss coming into the league, and teams are starting to apply the same red flags. The major concern is that Bryant may not show up for practices once he gets paid, though the "diva clause" used in Michael Crabtree's contract could also be applied to Bryant. It only takes one team to make Bryant an early first-round pick.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Related: Seahawks

Best I remember, Dez Bryant has the same agent that crabtree has, but im not sure about that.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
joseephuss;3346592 said:
What is the "diva clause"? I had not heard that one.

i didnt either, but when i saw that, i thought i would post it and see if anyone knows about the contract crabtree signed with the 49ers

irishline

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3346596 said:
i didnt either, but when i saw that, i thought i would post it and see if anyone knows about the contract crabtree signed with the 49ers

Here is what is reported about it in his contract breakdown...

Diva Clause – some cash is tied to this clause which says that if Crabtree does not attend all mandatory functions and does not attend about 90 percent of the Niners’ voluntary events, San Fran can void all escalators tied to the clause.

I am not sure what the escalators are though.

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/2009/10/13/the-crabtree-contract-a-breakdown/

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
irishline;3346956 said:
Here is what is reported about it in his contract breakdown...

Diva Clause – some cash is tied to this clause which says that if Crabtree does not attend all mandatory functions and does not attend about 90 percent of the Niners’ voluntary events, San Fran can void all escalators tied to the clause.

I am not sure what the escalators are though.

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/2009/10/13/the-crabtree-contract-a-breakdown/
Can they legally put in that clause about voluntary events? I would think the NFLPA would have a problem with that.