Would you want Randy Moss here?

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
www.benmaller.com is reporting that Oakland may consider releasing Moss at the end of the year due to injuries and his production.

I know many of you are anti Owens, so I am interested to see everyone's appetite for a guy like Randy Moss.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I would sign him so fast it'd make your head spin. Imagine that deep ball that Bledsoe throws going to Randy Moss... :eek:

TLW47

Reaction score
Nope. He takes plays off. Better T.O. if you're getting into bringing in a bad boy.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
Honestly I'd rather have Owens than Moss...and I really don't want either. Both are superb athletes (and nutcases) but Moss takes plays off and I don't want that on our team.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I'd take Moss over Owens any day. Moss isn't even half the cancer that T.O. is. The deep ball to Randy would be just plain sick. :cool:

I'd say... "Crayton, I love you to death, but you better hand over #84 and you can take #81." ;)

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Vertigo_17 said:
Honestly I'd rather have Owens than Moss...and I really don't want either. Both are superb athletes (and nutcases) but Moss takes plays off and I don't want that on our team.

Yeah, I don't want his super athleticism or his nose for making unbelievable catches between 2 to 3 defenders either. Oh, and don't even think about bringing his knack for scoring on any given play.

No way Jose!

Hiero

Reaction score
hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!we need to make up for passing him in the first place.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
Moss is a quiter. He left the field before the game was over w/ Minny. That probably doesn't have an effect on your team mates at all.

I'd rather develope a young player than bring in a cancer (Moss or TO)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Vertigo_17 said:

Yeah you really gotta question that "taking off plays" - a different kind of selfish from a different type of GREAT TALENT/No-so-great human being...

Randy Moss

Pros:
Moss
will make the deep ball threat an option on what seems like every play. He made Jeff George, Randall Cunningham, Brad Johnson and Daunte Culpepper looks like SUPER STAR QB's.

Cons:
Moss will take off plays and act like a lowlife and a baby.
-----------

Terrell Owens
Pros:
Owens
will create MANY more options for the offense. Going across middle, going deep, fights and gets extra yardage. Can take it to the house.
Cons:
Well this board has covered that in numberous threads. Enough said. LOL

If I had to choose it would probably be Owens.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of Moss. Seriously in my eyes TO is the better athlete and IMO the better clutch WR.

I'll take TO over MOss anyday....But if Moss were to come here that would be great.

Reaction score
hasnt moss settled down? hes not outta control anymore, hes growing up. he may take off plays, but lets think about the plays hes not taking off. lol. just imagine his production if he got the ball thrown to him in oakland huh? no one throws him the ball. TO is great...but hes just a cancer, moss would actually be better for the clubhouse.
all in all...id take either, but a lil more wanting is for moss.

thewivil

Reaction score
Vertigo_17 said:
I'd rather develope a young player than bring in a cancer (Moss or TO)

Do you have any idea what the chances are of any young player we develop having the kind of talent or production of Moss or Owen?

Personally, I don't like the chances at all. So if the opportunity presented itself of us picking up Moss or Owens, I'd jump on it in a second.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Moss is an incredible talent. But he could be so much more. If he had the work ethic that TO (that's right TO) has.

Despite the talent, I think he's the anti-Parcells guy. Look at a guy like Key -- he'll do whatever you need him to -- block, go over the middle.

Moss won't do any of that. Worse, he'll complain about being asked.

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
Fletch said:
Yeah, I don't want his super athleticism or his nose for making unbelievable catches between 2 to 3 defenders either. Oh, and don't even think about bringing his knack for scoring on any given play.

No way Jose!

Work ethic is as important as talent. If you aren't accountable to your teamates, they are not accountable to win. Ronnie Lott was on a show yesterday saying how theams don't ask more of each other it seems. He said he thought that the Patriots seem to push each other to be better.

To have a great team, you have to know that the guy next to you is doing everything they can to get better. Moss doesn't do that. Owens does, but he also divided the 49ers and the Eagles by calling out players. Personally I don't understand how anyone that knows anything about championship football would want these guys. Football teams are like a family. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't play together and with accountability and desire, you won't go very far. JMO

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Keep in mind that Moss comes with a huge contract. Certainly, they have not gotten value from him this year. I also note that www.benmaller.com is a rumor site. I would question the accuracy and the source of this information. Do these guys have a track record that is reliable?

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Moss got Culpepper a 120m contract. When Moss left MN, Culpepper was leading the league- in picks. I'd take him.

silver

Reaction score
Is the pope catholic? hell yes. he may not be the same moss he was 8 years ago, but he can still stretch the field for a couple of years. he can come full circle after we passed on him when he wanted to play here and burning us with all those deep td's early in his carreer to now helping us get to the super bowl. absolutely.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Moss is projected to finish with his 2nd worse year of his career with 3 games left. Last year was his worst. Is this the start of a bad trend?

Anyway, yes I would sign Moss as long his contract doesn't prohibit Dallas from signing other areas of need.

I seriously doubt the Raiders just release Moss. They have to get something in return for him. Norv is as good as gone anyway, so why would they get rid of Moss?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
5 Super Bowls said:
Work ethic is as important as talent. If you aren't accountable to your teamates, they are not accountable to win. Ronnie Lott was on a show yesterday saying how theams don't ask more of each other it seems. He said he thought that the Patriots seem to push each other to be better.

To have a great team, you have to know that the guy next to you is doing everything they can to get better. Moss doesn't do that. Owens does, but he also divided the 49ers and the Eagles by calling out players. Personally I don't understand how anyone that knows anything about championship football would want these guys. Football teams are like a family. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't play together and with accountability and desire, you won't go very far. JMO

I remember the gnashing of teeth on this board when we all knew Keyshawn was coming aboard. Most here were very much against it. A few accepted that he'd be a welcomed addition, me included.

I think Moss would be on his best behaviour and would play his heart out here for Bill Parcells, Jerry Jones, the Cowboys as a team, and himself. :cool: