Wouldn’t it be cool if we make it to round 2 and play the Rams

playmakers

Reaction score
And, a big if, we make it to round 2 and play the Rams. That would be a home game for us. I think that would be a cool site. Plus, I think the Rams are soft. I rather play them then going to the dome rd 2.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
And, a big if, we make it to round 2 and play the Rams. That would be a home game for us. I think that would be a cool site. Plus, I think the Rams are soft. I rather play them then going to the dome rd 2.
Let's make that happen.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I would definitely prefer playing the Rams as well and let Chicago/Seattle and New Orleans go at it and beat each other up.

KingRah

Reaction score
I think we beat the Rams, saints and Patriots. Our defense is good against anyone, but its GREAT if the qb can't run. Look how we did against Brees. Athletic qbs with speed cause us problems. No slow footed qb can handle our front seven.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What do you mean if? We're gonna stomp some wildcard round butt.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
If we're healthy we have a good chance of beating any team in the NFL imo. We finally have a championship caliber defense and a team peaking around the right time...let's just hope the team keeps getting better as we get closer to playoffs. I like our chances...

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Sure, but our most likely round 2 opponent is the Saints. Unless we sneak by the Bears for the 3 seed. Or the Saints lay an egg in one of their last 3 games. Or Chicago loses their first-round playoff game. Okay, so there are a lot of ways we could play the Rams in round 2.

KingRah

Reaction score
We can beat anyone in the wildcard, but the last team I want to face is Seattle. They always seem to get away with a bad call against us. I remember they were out of Timeouts P Carroll tried to call one before the half and they didn't get penalized.
I see us beating the rams because they're similar to the Saints. They're offense is great, but their receivers aren't super talented. Other than Cooks, they're receivers are just guys being schemed open. we can key on Gurley and press cooks with safety help. I'd put Awuzie on him in cover 2 man with Byron free to cover his man alone. Goff isn't overly athletic , so those missed sacks we get every week, will turn into a extra 3 sacks. Plus their Defense is trash. Peters can't cover man to man. He's a zone guy who jumps routes. He's like a Samuel. The problem with him is, you can't run 12 slants against him. He'll pick off one or two. You have to attack him deep and on crossing routes. Limit the slants and comebacks. Talib is elite, but how much speed does he have left? He's in his 30s.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We can beat anyone in the wildcard, but the last team I want to face is Seattle. They always seem to get away with a bad call against us. I remember they were out of Timeouts P Carroll tried to call one before the half and they didn't get penalized.
I see us beating the rams because they're similar to the Saints. They're offense is great, but their receivers aren't super talented. Other than Cooks, they're receivers are just guys being schemed open. we can key on Gurley and press cooks with safety help. I'd put Awuzie on him in cover 2 man with Byron free to cover his man alone. Goff isn't overly athletic , so those missed sacks we get every week, will turn into a extra 3 sacks. Plus their Defense is trash. Peters can't cover man to man. He's a zone guy who jumps routes. He's like a Samuel. The problem with him is, you can't run 12 slants against him. He'll pick off one or two. You have to attack him deep and on crossing routes. Limit the slants and comebacks. Talib is elite, but how much speed does he have left? He's in his 30s.

We have a 3 game stretch where the refs are also calling bad plays against our opponents too. Not scarred of anyone at this point they are scarred of the cowboys 100%.