Wouldn't be surprised if MBIII is signed long term next week

tecolote

Reaction score
Picking Jones instead of Mendenhall is a move that screams long term contract for Barber.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry called Rosenhaus when we were on the clock
at 22 and told him to lower his money demands or he would draft Mendenhall
who's the same type of back.

I was not happy at first passing on Mendenhall but the more I think about it I
think picking Jones is the best thing for the Cowboys.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
You accually think threatening to draft Mendenhall would make Marion's numbers come down? Even if it did, now they are safe to go back up again.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think he means this shows that Jerry intends to lock him up long term. If you taken Mendenhall there is a little greater chance that you might just have Marion right out the 1 year tender and go with Mendenhall after that.

cnhnyy

Reaction score
I am against drafting RB in first round. If we had to, we should have drafted Mendenhall. He is more complete and can be a full-time No.1 back. Now, we drafted Felix jones and expect a MB/Jones combo. If Mb III bolts for more money, we are screwed because Fleix Jones is not a full-time back.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
When will you people understand that Mendenhall was a one year wonder. If Felix had gone to any other school he would have started and would have been a higher pick. Everyone is just mad because since he was a "backup" they think he is second rate.

tecolote

Reaction score
TheKey;2055930 said:
You accually think threatening to draft Mendenhall would make Marion's numbers come down? Even if it did, now they are safe to go back up again.

Yes I do, I think if we would have drafted Mendenhall, Barber would probably not be given a new contract, at least not right away, and by drafting Jones, being that he is such a perfect compliment to Barber, signing Marion long term now becomes a priority.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
TheKey;2055970 said:
When will you people understand that Mendenhall was a one year wonder. If Felix had gone to any other school he would have started and would have been a higher pick. Everyone is just mad because since he was a "backup" they think he is second rate.
I agree.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
TheKey;2055970 said:

And there is no guarantee he would of been nearly as productive if he wasnt running against defenses that McFadden had worn out.