Wouldn't it be cool to own a giant chess set?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I think it would be fun to own a giant chess set like this one. If you've ever visited Bern, Switzerland (the capital city), you've probably seen a chess set something like this. In a park area near their capitol building, there are a couple of these, and anyone who wants to can play.

But wouldn't it be great to have your own little courtyard or yard area where you could play outdoor chess with something like this? I play chess on my Android phone all the time, but that's not the same as playing on a big ol' set like this. They're affordable. I think they run between 300 and 900 bucks depending on what kind you get. I imagine it would be best to get a weather-resistant one.

TeakGiantChessSets5.jpg

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think it would be fun to own a giant chess set like this one. If you've ever visited Bern, Switzerland (the capital city), you've probably seen a chess set something like this. In a park area near their capitol building, there are a couple of these, and anyone who wants to can play.

But wouldn't it be great to have your own little courtyard or yard area where you could play outdoor chess with something like this? I play chess on my Android phone all the time, but that's not the same as playing on a big ol' set like this. They're affordable. I think they run between 300 and 900 bucks depending on what kind you get. I imagine it would be best to get a weather-resistant one.

TeakGiantChessSets5.jpg
Not in Texas.

cowboyec

Reaction score
no.
reminds me of that episode from batman:the animated series...when the riddler had batman play chess against him...on a giant sized,computer generated chess board.
scared the #%^ outta me and i wasn't even a kid.