Wow... 610wip.com

Ken

Reaction score
This is philly's sports radio staiton. I've been listening to them and they are very complimentary towards the Cowboys organization and are giving Jones props for figuring out what TOs problem was.

They said it is smart to give him that money. The contract that TO signed with Philly, even the Players association told him not to sign it.

Very interesting. They don't hate TO at all, they hate the Eagles organization for screwing it up.

If you don't have anything to do, it is interesting listening.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I was listening yesterday and today as well. Unlike the Commanders fans, who are feigning happiness at our signing TO (we know they are shaking in their boots below the facade), Philly fans are genuinely concerned.

Reaction score
You know he's going to play EXTRA hard against the Eagles, although he gives a 100% every play anyways.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Ken said:
This is philly's sports radio staiton. I've been listening to them and they are very complimentary towards the Cowboys organization and are giving Jones props for figuring out what TOs problem was.

They said it is smart to give him that money. The contract that TO signed with Philly, even the Players association told him not to sign it.

Very interesting. They don't hate TO at all, they hate the Eagles organization for screwing it up.

If you don't have anything to do, it is interesting listening.

I agree 100%, the smartest thing Mr. Jones did was to pay T.O fair market value for his talent. T.O. in turn will be happy!

Mr. Jones proved once again what a great business mind he has vs his peers! :)

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
every eagle fan i know around here hates "management" and knew TO would create problems based on Donny's contract and his own (foolishly negotiated) contract. as predictable as the sun rising.

philly.com is getting hammered today but i'll try to readup on the articles soon. they're alot tougher on "management" than Eagle fans.

Hoov

Reaction score
all last year, 610 spokesperson's were saying the eagles are partly at fault for the TO situation because of the way they handled it.

Even if they weren't going to pay him the money he wanted, at least they could have listened to his reasoning and possibly added some incentives into his contract. Eagles management came out in the media and publicly stated there would absolutely be no renegotiating. They took a hardball stance and used the media to start the whole battle. They should have just spoken with TO and agent, but using media like they did, well they thought they were pulling the trump card on TO. But all that did was start a war. Again, not necesarrily my opinion, but this was the opinion of several of the talkshow hosts on Phillys own sports talk station and was discussed over and over again. Many were po'd at eagles management.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
They don't have replays. Lister on Saturday's Midmorning 11am to 3 pm. Glenn Macknow and Ray Diddinger know Football. Ray's a former pro football writer who now works for NFL Films, also former Hall of Fame voter. He's a football historian.

neosapien23

Reaction score
chinch said:
every eagle fan i know around here hates "management" and knew TO would create problems based on Donny's contract and his own (foolishly negotiated) contract. as predictable as the sun rising.

philly.com is getting hammered today but i'll try to readup on the articles soon. they're alot tougher on "management" than Eagle fans.

People need to realize that Owens was not allowed to hit free agency in time. His agent screwed him by not filing his paperwork in time. The Eagles contract was probably the best he could have gotten at the time. After a year, he wanted more money. The Eagles could have given it to him and he would have shut up and played ball. Thankfully Lurie is an idiot and his hard ball tactics finally caught up to the organization. Owens is making his money and he will not be a distraction. Even Drew Rosenhaus called the contract a fair contract.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
People need to realize that Owens was not allowed to hit free agency in time. His agent screwed him by not filing his paperwork in time. The Eagles contract was probably the best he could have gotten at the time. After a year, he wanted more money. The Eagles could have given it to him and he would have shut up and played ball. Thankfully Lurie is an idiot and his hard ball tactics finally caught up to the organization. Owens is making his money and he will not be a distraction. Even Drew Rosenhaus called the contract a fair contract.
Thank god for idiots! The Eagles really bungled it by playing hardball with perhaps the best playmaker they've ever had wear an Eagles jersey. Perhaps i'm overlooking someone, but I honestlly can't think of one equivalent Philly playmaker in the modern Superbowl era anyways. I know people will say #5 but any bus driving QB could have run that offense with TO and in fact several did (AJ Feeley, etc.) even without him.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
chinch said:
Thank god for idiots! The Eagles really bungled it by playing hardball with perhaps the best playmaker they've ever had wear an Eagles jersey. Perhaps i'm overlooking someone, but I honestlly can't think of one equivalent Philly playmaker in the modern Superbowl era anyways. I know people will say #5 but any bus driving QB could have run that offense with TO and in fact several did (AJ Feeley, etc.) even without him.

Walter Montgomery, who torched the Cowboys for 194 yards IIRC in the NFC Championship game.

Reggie White. Jerome Brown. Cris Carter. Randal Cunningham. Mike Quick.

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
Ken said:
Wow, that's the -exact- opposite of what this idiotic Dallas media thinks.

Fmart322

Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
They don't have replays. Lister on Saturday's Midmorning 11am to 3 pm. Glenn Macknow and Ray Diddinger know Football. Ray's a former pro football writer who now works for NFL Films, also former Hall of Fame voter. He's a football historian.

Yea, that's a good show on saturdays. I live in the Philly area and try to catch that show.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Terrell made the first mistake by going public; Philly made the next mistake of taking the hardball stance.

Hoov

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
Terrell made the first mistake by going public; Philly made the next mistake of taking the hardball stance.

I may be mistaken, but i beleive TO was asking for a new deal, and of course the media picked up on it and labeled him a potential holdout....But i think it was eagles management that first went public making a big announcement that no matter what there would be no negotiations at all. Up until that point, i think the media was mostly talking rumours and saying that TO's agent trying to set up talks with eagles mamangement.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Walter Montgomery, who torched the Cowboys for 194 yards IIRC in the NFC Championship game.

Reggie White. Jerome Brown. Cris Carter. Randal Cunningham. Mike Quick.
That is good company. Reggie in his prime and Jerome... the rest i'd put TO above especially in the "big game" category.

WE JUST STOLE THIS GUY FROM A DIVISION RIVAL :)

Regarding "going public" it was Philly who "went pubic" and leaked info over and over. TO wanted/expected a new contract (right or wrong it's irrelevant from a problem solving standpoint) and LurBanReid bungled as bad as possible :)

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Anyone not listening to WIP this morning and this afternoon is missing a real treat. They played TO's rap song at least a dozen times and they are all predicting doom and gloom, Philly as the 4th best team in the NFC East.

Right now, Anthony Gargano and Hugh Douglas are on. Gargano just said TO signing with Dallas is the worst case nightmare, he called it a "football apocalypse" :)