Wow! George Carlin is one bitter dude now!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Anyone check out his new HBO special last night? Carlin has always been a genius at mixing the bitter old man statements on society with some great humor but the bitter old man far outweighs the humor now. It's kind of sad to see him lose it a little. He was stumbling over his words a lot more than he normally does too. Some funny stuff in the show but too often, it felt like preaching more than it did stand-up comedy. It didn't have that same brilliance the younger Carlin or Bill Hicks possessed. Maybe he needs to get back on the drugs. He bragged about being sober for 300+ days. That's when comedians always seem to lose it. Them sober years. :eek::

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
Anyone check out his new HBO special last night? Carlin has always been a genius at mixing the bitter old man statements on society with some great humor but the bitter old man far outweighs the humor now. It's kind of sad to see him lose it a little. He was stumbling over his words a lot more than he normally does too. Some funny stuff in the show but too often, it felt like preaching more than it did stand-up comedy. It didn't have that same brilliance the younger Carlin or Bill Hicks possessed. Maybe he needs to get back on the drugs. He bragged about being sober for 300+ days. That's when comedians always seem to lose it. Them sober years. :eek::

I have not seen the show yet, but was always a Carlin fan but did see him recently on a talk show on HBO (of a political nature) and I agree he has indeed become a VERY bitter man...at least he was venomous on that night...to the point of being crazy IMO.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I have not seen the show yet, but was always a Carlin fan but did see him recently on a talk show on HBO (of a political nature) and I agree he has indeed become a VERY bitter man...at least he was venomous on that night...to the point of being crazy IMO.

Was it Real Time with Bill Maher? He was on that last month. I saw that and thought the same thing. His new standup is pretty much almost everything he said on Maher's show. Same points covered.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
Was it Real Time with Bill Maher? He was on that last month. I saw that and thought the same thing. His new standup is pretty much almost everything he said on Maher's show. Same points covered.

Yes that was the show.

I think even the others on the show that may have similar leanings as him was a little shocked at him.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I saw Carlin, when he became the "new" Carlin, at Carnegie Hall...30 years ago...he was always a fav of mine.

That said, he hasn't been funny in years.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Carlin feels his political satire has been ignored and the country is seeing the worst possible repercussions for political ignorance.

The guy is clearly having issues be they mental or physical. He is just shaky all over like a junkie too long without drugs.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:
I choose to remember Carlin as he was.

The Hippy-Dippy weatherman.

Al Sleet. :D

His routine about the airline annoucements is great too.

I'm into Lewis Black and Eddie Izzard these days.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
Dave Chappelle does a better George Carlin than George Carlin does

It's funny that you say that. Cos I always thought that George Carlin did a better Dave Chappelle than Dave Chappelle does.

The irony!

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have a Nice Day....Maybe I have had 99 nice days in a row and I am ready for a crappy day.