Wow, I'm just sick this morning...

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
So I'm sitting here with this stupid "thousand yard stare" perched firmly upon my unshaven face, trying once again to reason why I was bested by this evil technology that rules our pathetic lives. It's not so much that I'm a bitter man but I'm certainly broken - spirit and all. Here's how it all started...

In my simple and uncomplicated world, I stumbled on this particular message one day here on our board:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57512

Thinking to myself that I, too, have DirecTv and have been in great standing with them over the years (re: my wife pays our bill on time) that this might be something I might want to give a try.

Dumb...dumb...dumb...:bang2:

As luck would have it, the installer was way behind his schedule, so much so that he was apologizing profusely as he quickly exited my home after taking only 15 minutes to install it. Tossing me the user's manual and saying that it's very simple to use, he said to call their hotline if I had any problems as he was peeling out of my driveway.

Ten days later and I finally figured out how to turn it "on"...

It was around the 20th day when I was able to record my very first program.

Then, by the 25th day, the customer support rep was telling me over the phone that my dvr was defective and would need to be replaced (don't worry, I won't bore you with the details with how I got to this point).

So here it was...I finally figured out how to use this very complicated piece of equipment. Came to the realization that life was good and how the hell did I live without this instrument of God for so long in my miserable life. And now I'm told that I'm one of the unlucky few to get stuck with a lemon?

ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!:bang2: :bang2:

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, the gates of heaven opened up to the chorus of angelic voices as my new dvr arrived the other day (re: FedEx showed up) and the realization came to me that I would finally be able to digitally record my first Cowboys game on Monday night.

So here I was last night, chatting it up with all of you about the plays being run. Now I'm a slow typer (case in point - it took me 10 minutes just to type this last sentence...and this one...and this one...and this one..and this oh, nevermind), so I was only catching about every other play in real time. But I didn't care because I knew that the little orange light on my dvr was telling me that all was good and that I would be able to catch the game in its entirety whenever I felt like it.

Getting up bright and early this morning, I quickly rushed to my favorite chair and grabbed the remote. I immediately went to my VOD (video on demand) menu and here's what I pulled up:

<blank screen>

Pushing the buttons desperately, sweat came down my brow as I was frantically into my fifth search:

<blank screen>

ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

And that's where I'm at right now, alone and defeated with no relief in sight. My wife tried to console me but I would have none of it. If I thought that this evil dvr had any feelings, I would slowly torture it but nothing in my creative imagination would match the pain it has caused me thus far.

The white flag has slowly been raised.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
:lmao: ... one of the funniest posts ever.

I'm not laughing at you, I'm ... oh screw it, I'm laughing at you. But I feel your pain.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
ya the beauty of the nfl network is the reairing of the games, I did miss our last preseason game re-aired but sure monday night football with so many good catches will be re-aired to death.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Are you serious?
Man, I wish I was but I'm just not that creative enough to make up a story like this on my own.

BTW, I checked out the NFL Network and apparently they aren't allowed to re-air the Monday night game. If you guys know something different and can find a time and date that they might, please feel free to share.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
stealth said:
I hate to admit it but that made me LOL tragedy at times is funnier than comedy shakespeare had the right idea
I agree. I could've chosen to sulk all day and felt miserable about it or I could share it with all of you instead and provide a laugh or two at the expense of my bad luck.

I liked option #2 more even if it does mean having to reveal my techno-phobic side.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Sorry to bring bad news, but they are not re-airing this game.

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/preseason_2006

And the reason for this is that the NFL Network doesn't re-air the nationally televised network broadcasts, at least in the pre-season.

They did issue a press release the other day that states that the Network will re-air several regular season games, but I heard that they will use a combination of both NFL Films and the TV broadcast.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Welp, if it makes you feel any better Draeger, a huge monsoon rolled in and I missed the 3rd quarter and most of the 4th. The signal came thru just enough to where I could make out Jerry sitting in the booth. I'm sure there were some good questions asked but I have no idea what they were.

Wood

Reaction score
you should be a writer. Very entertaining style of writing.