WP Plugin for Client Login Portal

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Need advice for a plug in to install wordpress that would require a user to login in order to see a specific page on the site.

I've seen a few good plug-ins, downloaded a couple, but one hasn't been updated in over a year and another has questionable security. I've downloaded the friends-only plugin, theme-my-login plugin, and user-access-manager plugin.

So I'm open to ideas if anyone knows some good, and simple, ones. :cool:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;5045516 said:
Need advice for a plug in to install wordpress that would require a user to login in order to see a specific page on the site.

I've seen a few good plug-ins, downloaded a couple, but one hasn't been updated in over a year and another has questionable security. I've downloaded the friends-only plugin, theme-my-login plugin, and user-access-manager plugin.

So I'm open to ideas if anyone knows some good, and simple, ones. :cool:

You mean like a membership plugin? If so, I'd recommend Amember Pro. You will need the Amember for Wordpress plugin to get it to work.

http://www.amember.com/p/

It's a little expensive, though.

Edit: This is probably too complicated for what you want to do... I'll look for something else.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, my needs are as basic as one can get.

I'm building a site on WP and I've got one page that I need to hide and only provide access by request. There's a very simple plugin that only requires an email address to access the page, but the security behind the functionality isn't very secure...and the developers don't guarantee any security.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JonJon;5045528 said:
Cool, I hope it works out. Are you familiar with coding? If so, this link explains how to set it up yourself.

http://www.marketingtechblog.com/login-content-wordpress-page-template/
I'm familiar enough to where I'm not afraid of code when I see it. Since it's late, I'm gonna have to look at this another day, but it didn't look that complicated.

Thanks for your help. :)

If I focus, I might can have this site up by next week (time permitting). Yippee!