Twitter: WR Amari Cooper 2018 Gif Thread

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know what stood out most to me in that first gif? How horribly late that throw was! How Cooper's excellent route running and change of direction was completely negated by the fact that the ball got there so terribly late. That thing by all rights should have been picked off. That's not a highlight, that's one you try to forget ever happened.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
His burst after the catch on the long ball against the Eagles was phenomenal. He didn't just hit another gear, he hit 2 or 3.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
You know what stood out most to me in that first gif? How horribly late that throw was! How Cooper's excellent route running and change of direction was completely negated by the fact that the ball got there so terribly late. That thing by all rights should have been picked off. That's not a highlight, that's one you try to forget ever happened.

How about the fact that the DB clearly knew exactly what was coming. The throw was late, but the DB was also sitting on that route. A testament not just to Amari's ability, but to the predictability of our offense and Daks slow reads.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about the fact that the DB clearly knew exactly what was coming. The throw was late, but the DB was also sitting on that route. A testament not just to Amari's ability, but to the predictability of our offense and Daks slow reads.

An awful combination. Both issues need to change dramatically if we are to have any hope for improved results in 2019.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Okay, thrown late, but also thrown where only his receiver could get his hands on it. I don't understand "should have been picked off" when it's out of the DB's reach.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay, thrown late, but also thrown where only his receiver could get his hands on it. I don't understand "should have been picked off" when it's out of the DB's reach.

Think of it this way, an offensive play is never designed to where it gives a cornerback the opportunity to potentially undercut a route and take the ball the other way for six points. Nobody draws plays up that way.