WR Amari Cooper through 16 games: 98 catches for 1408 yards and 12 TDs

The Natural

Reaction score
When has Dez ever had 200 yards receiving against a top tier corner like Alexander? Dez is more physical and is bigger then Cooper. I never this kind speed or route running ability from Dez. Cooper is also 25 and his prime years are ahead of him. Interesting comparison. I am interested to hear what Mr. Romo says Sunday.
You never saw the kind of pure catching ability from body catching cooper that you got from Dez either. Top tier corners like Alexander lol. This is the kind of respect Dez warranted from real top tier corners

gamerecognizegame.0.gif

JBS

Reaction score
:hammer:

Arguably the biggest turning point of the entire game. And I can see why people question his attitude and body language too. After that play, he looked to go to the sidelines to mope. All credit for rebounding and having the day that he did, but clearly too little, too late.

This is nothing but a sorry excuse..(Not by you, just in general)

Cowboys score there and they still lose the game...they were awful on Sunday

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Prime years

92 catches 1382 yards 12 TDs
93 catches 1233 yards 13 TDs
88 catches 1320 yards 16 TDs

and a 1st team All-Pro selection to boot.

Get back to me once Cooper puts up these numbers over a full season, and I dont mean one time either.
Dez also had a much better QB. Don't overlook that fact.....

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is nothing but a sorry excuse..(Not by you, just in general)

Cowboys score there and they still lose the game...they were awful on Sunday

Absolutely.

There's no "moral victories" in the NFL. This team got embarrassed and humiliated in their own house. I can accept the obvious truth.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We released our best WR since Michael Irvin in 2018.

Cooper is nowhere near the level of peak Desmond Bryant
Come on man. lol. Cooper is far better then peak Dez. And I am a huge Dez fan. Our coaching staff failed to use him the way they should have. He ran very few slants which was a great route for him. Comparing him to Amari though is not right. Amari's short area quickness and route running is not human.

The Natural

Reaction score
Come on man. lol. Cooper is far better then peak Dez. And I am a huge Dez fan. Our coaching staff failed to use him the way they should have. He ran very few slants which was a great route for him. Comparing him to Amari though is not right. Amari's short area quickness and route running is not human.

where is his all-pro selection?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Would you like to compare Carr to Dak?
Sure. Go ahead. I am saying that Romo would have put Cooper in the All-Pro department. Thats all. Hes comparing Dez to Cooper. Im merely saying lets look at what Romo would have done with Cooper and Carr with Dez. Dak and Cooper are very good together.

phildadon86

Reaction score
would you like to stick to the subject?
I am. The subject was Prime Dez. Prime Cooper is still to come. Prime Dez had Romo not Dak. Cooper has had Carr thru those years. So i am very much sticking to the subject. You just dont like the answer

The Natural

Reaction score
I am. The subject was Prime Dez. Prime Cooper is still to come. Prime Dez had Romo not Dak. Cooper has had Carr thru those years. So i am very much sticking to the subject. You just dont like the answer
Cooper in his prime now. He isn't touching Dez, nowhere near the catcher or physical force that he was.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Cooper in his prime now. He isn't touching Dez, nowhere near the catcher or physical force that he was.
Physical force? Dez was injured from pretty much 2015 onwards. If you take away jump balls for TDs his numbers look a lot more pedestrian. I love me some Dez. I have 4 of his jerseys, all I am saying is cooper is a better WR in the all around sense of the word. Dez was really only good at 1 thing. He couldnt run routes, didnt want to learn how, and once his body started giving out his performance declined rapidly.