RELEASED WR Coach Sanjay Lal Fired

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Two of them had 1000 yds receiving.

Cobb, the slot, had almost 900.

Something was working.
that was called sarcasm, and you made the point I was attempting to make with my ridiculously obvious sarcasm:)

quickccc

Reaction score
It is important that McCarthy surround himself with a staff he knows and trust. All coaches know when a new HC is hired there is a good possibility they will be fired. These are not newbees to the coaching profession.

that basically is what it's coming down to. Familiarity and cutting away the coaches learning curve, and wanting to hit the ground running.
He'll know what to expect from a coach he knows.
He won't have to come over in games to find out what went wrong and what is transpiring between his asst. coaches and WR personnel.

if something is going on with WRs, and his very well knows his own WR coach and agree with the way he works, he'll already have a lead for what's going on and
addressing it.

Because of this, I am actually surprised that he is still keeping Kellen Moore on board, instead of trying to bring in his own familiar OC.
So what elements has impressed MM about Moore such to consider retaining Moore ?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sanjay is what???...proud??? ***! That's why he was fired right there. Accepting "a good year" from the wideouts statistically while posting a losing record. Don't let the door hit ya on the arse Sanjay.

stiletto

Reaction score
Sanjay is what???...proud??? ***! That's why he was fired right there. Accepting "a good year" from the wideouts statistically while posting a losing record. Don't let the door hit ya on the arse Sanjay.

Also league leading drop rates. Aren't your WR's supposed to be taught things and reminded of things that help them make the catch? I know it is not entirely the coaches fault but their drop rates were crazy. There has to be things a coach could do to help that...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sure. Let’s trash the best Offense in the NFL .

who needs all those yards and TDS.
I wouldn't call it the best, because it takes more than statistics to determine that. 1st in yardage looks good, but scoring is more important (Cowboys were 6th). You also have to factor in when they scored, for example. Too many games the offense failed to keep up in the first half, and the points were scored trying to catch up in the 2nd half. Consistency week to week also matters. 35 points one week and 14 the next doesn't give a team a good chance to win both games.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Also league leading drop rates. Aren't your WR's supposed to be taught things and reminded of things that help them make the catch? I know it is not entirely the coaches fault but their drop rates were crazy. There has to be things a coach could do to help that...
EXACTLY!!! What the HELL was the point of carrying bricks? lol...especially if your guys are leading the league in drops.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So, is it safe to say our WRs won't be toting bricks around at training camp in 2020?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
did you see that costly drop by one of the best WRs in the game last week against the Eagles? You think coaching had anything to do with Julian Edelman dropping a crucial 6 yard pass that would have been a first down late in the game? Hey, which WRs coach consistently has the lowest drop rate in the league? Im thinking if i coached cris Carter, id be considered a damn good Wrs coach.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
did you see that costly drop by one of the best WRs in the game last week against the Eagles? You think coaching had anything to do with Julian Edelman dropping a crucial 6 yard pass that would have been a first down late in the game? Hey, which WRs coach consistently has the lowest drop rate in the league? Im thinking if i coached cris Carter, id be considered a damn good Wrs coach.
Edelman actually led the NFL in drops this season.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and his coach is now the head coach in New York :lmao:
I think while it's true we may have had a few too many drops this season, the issue isn't nearly as exaggerated as some make it out to be.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I think while it's true we may have had a few too many drops this season, the issue isn't nearly as exaggerated as some make it out to be.
Gallup was #2 in the NFL in drops with 11 and Cobb was #6 with 8.

Witten had 6 and Cooper had 5.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
True, but how it's hard to know how much of that to attribute to the coach. I did, however, feel the routes and cuts were more precise this year. Some of that might be having Cooper as an example in the #1 role rather than Dez.
I never claimed any amount. There are things a coach can do to help WR's focus on catching. Just like anything.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Edelman actually led the NFL in drops this season.
so does that mean an 11 year vet, one of the best slot guys in the league for the past 6 years didnt have a coach that disciplined him?

Reid1boys

Reaction score

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
how how about drop percentage? if I have 3 drops and 20 targets, thats very different than the nexy guy that had 13 drops with 150 targets.
I agree that's important - really more so than just the number of drops. I didn't see a website that shows that, and I'm certainly not going to calculate it out for all the receivers to know how everyone ranks.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so does that mean an 11 year vet, one of the best slot guys in the league for the past 6 years didnt have a coach that disciplined him?
Well, you know those Patriots teams have never been well coached.