WR draft class

slotshot

Reaction score
Like many of you, I have been lounging about watching the Combine. I am interested in another opinion(s). This WR class is quite a bit better that I expected...or am I off base. A couple of the non-top-names did well (Iglesias, Robiskie, etc...), and there do seem to be a number of guys that may be studs at the next level.

What do you think? BTW, I also really liked the Centers yesterday as well. Tackles seem good too, but the Guards looked rough.

neosapien23

Reaction score
I would like for Dallas to take a reciever with pure speed who has played the position for at least 4 years. No more projects like Stanback who might have been better off staying at QB.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think Robiskie is going to be a very solid player in this league with longevity. I'd consider him in round three.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Avery;2648767 said:
I think Robiskie is going to be a very solid player in this league with longevity. I'd consider him in round three.

I like Robiskie...as you indicated the guy has a solid ten-year pro written all over him.

He reminds me of a young Amani Toomer (he was not always slow) both physically and with his plus intangibles.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
1. Heyward-Bey, Darrius 4.30
2. Wallace, Mike 4.33
3. Knox, Johnny 4.34
4. Butler, Deon 4.38
5. Thomas, Mike 4.40
6. Underwood, Tiquan 4.41
7. Harvin, Percy 4.41
8. Byrd, Demetrius 4.42
9. Murphy, Louis 4.43
10. McKinley, Kenny 4.44

official times

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2648829 said:
Arizona Mike Thomas 4.31 and 4.34

South Carolina WR Kenny McKinnley 4.33

unofficial

Very fast for McKinley...he will definately see his stock rise since the guy has a reputation of being a good route runner with nice hands.

BigWillie

Reaction score
The #1 guy I've had my eye on is Kenny Britt who we may realistically have a shot at to nab in the 2nd round. Have heard he has some character concerns, but as far as talent and production, very few compare that we have a shot at.

87 catches
1,371 yards
7 TDs

I know we won't go WR in the 2nd round, but if we did, I would hope it is Britt.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2648927 said:
Very fast for McKinley...he will definately see his stock rise since the guy has a reputation of being a good route runner with nice hands.

there are going to be alot of slot type WRs to choose from

McKinnley
Deon Butler
Mike Thomas
Tiquan Underwood

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2648934 said:
there are going to be alot of slot type WRs to choose from

McKinnley
Deon Butler
Mike Thomas
Tiquan Underwood

I really like Underwood and Butler.

Butler is more likely because I think he will be there in the later rounds.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2648945 said:
I really like Underwood and Butler.

Butler is more likely because I think he will be there in the later rounds.

I really like Butler, he looked very good against USC

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
neosapien23;2648743 said:
I would like for Dallas to take a reciever with pure speed who has played the position for at least 4 years.
I'd like to see a speed guy also. He doesn't necessarily need to be someone you would expect to be a #1WR but just a solid pro. Someone like that could easily push Stanback or Hurd. If we could get that player in the 3rd or later that would be great.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The WR class looks much better than last year.

Crabtree, Maclin and Robiskie look very good to me.
Crabtree obviously based solely on his collegiate body of work.

Speed??
Do not waste time with supremely fast 40's here. The pro bowl WRs had more 4.7 guys then 4.4 ones and they didn't have a single WR who ran under a 4.4 make the Pro Bowl this year.

Some of the speedier guys we need to remove from the board.
One in particular is Mike Thomas. I'd like to appreciate him because he is fast and has return skills but he showed pretty poor hands in all the receiving drills. Never looked as fluid without the ball as he does once he gets it.

Right now he is a pretty pure return guy.

If you want quickness and speed Maclin is the guy but once he is gone you need to target guys that can catch and run routes. Mayock was noting he only listed speed as about the 4th most important trait and he is absolutely right. The list of WRs who have run sub 4.4. 40's is fairly long over time but fairly short on production.

I like Dilliard out of Rice as a mid round guy. Nice routes, stellar collegiate body of work, very good hands. Has the current best at the vertical jump with an incredible 42.5"

Robiskie goes round 2 imho. This kid runs great routes, catches the ball with soft hands and looks very fluid all the time.

Guys who have a good senior bowl and then impress at the combine really are who I want.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2648829 said:
Arizona Mike Thomas 4.31 and 4.34

South Carolina WR Kenny McKinnley 4.33

unofficial

McKinnley went to South Cobb, I went to North Cobb. played football and ran track against him all 4 years,I've talked to him quite a bit back in school. He's a really cool dude. Hope things work out for him.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I still have my eyes on Ramses Barden running a 4.57 at 6-6 I think he has a lot of potential.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2649074 said:
I still have my eyes on Ramses Barden running a 4.57 at 6-6 I think he has a lot of potential.

Barden is a bit stiff for WR imho. He didn't look very good at any of the change of direction stuff in the drills.

But that size can't be taught.

Would be a good red zone target for someone if he can get to their active roster.\
** might be a really good h-back type if he can block at all.

Bizwah

Reaction score
jterrell;2649127 said:
Barden is a bit stiff for WR imho. He didn't look very good at any of the change of direction stuff in the drills.

But that size can't be taught.

Would be a good red zone target for someone if he can get to their active roster.\
** might be a really good h-back type if he can block at all.

I'm disappointed that the NFL Network only showed one WR group.

We didn't get to see any of the pass receiving drills that included Barden, Maclin, Heyward-Bey, etc....

I think there will be some good WRs in this draft. Not just WRs drafted high, but WRs that have nice NFL careers.

I would love to see a guy like Kenny Britt fall to us...pipe dream of course. Robiskie is looking like a nice prospect. I've seen a lot of him. He's made some fantastic catches. He might be available to us in round 2 or 3.

I'm beginning to really like that Thomas guy from AZ. I really didn't pay much attention to him until guys on the board were pumping him up.