WR Jaleel Scott

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Looks like an incredible talent.

Big 6'5 WR and moves very fluid.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He’s one of my sleepers. I posted a link months ago reporting Dallas scouts were at his games looking at him.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brugler has been talking him up.
However he says he is a "traits" player.

Meaning you love his height and you love his ability to go up an get the ball in the air....two traits teams like in WRs but he is not as good as other WRs in other aspects of the game.
Also IIRC he said he could become a big threat in the red zone.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
He's one of my favorites. He has so many things that can't be taught but has inconsistent production. Was a juco guy and didn't really do much last year. It's only this year that he started to realize his potential.

He's a massive match up problem even while the team waits for him to learn how to make route adjustments and pick up other nuances. Nearly every single game he's making 1-2 crazy highlight catches. His hands, wingspan, and body control are elite. I think he'd be a better addition for a QB with poor ball location vs a speedy WR.

diefree666

Reaction score
the potential to be a bigger Michael Irvin as regards his game. My one quibble is that he does not appear to use his size well other than catching the ball. HE does not seem a physical player despite his size. But there is a lot to like in his game as it is and he has had only two years of regular college football at a small school. So there is tremendous potential there if he gets the RIGHT coaching.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Dak would have to learn how to throw an accurate fade in the end zone.

Dez plays like he’s 6-5 in the red zone and unquestionably still elite in that area and Dak rarely throws it to him.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He's going to be a really good mid-round pick for someone.
He will fill out and become much stronger. That's all a given.

The Plaxico Burress comparisons are strong.

Nothing wrong with a possession type WR.

I'd much rather take him in R4 than Sutton in R1.

The only thing Sutton does better is run, espedcially after the catch. His routes and hands are very similar.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Dez plays like he’s 6-5 in the red zone and unquestionably still elite in that area and Dak rarely throws it to him.
The Dez fade stuff is overblown IMHO.
Dallas runs about 30% as many Dez fades now because they have that OL and Zeke.
They run it less and it's less polished.
People used to knock Mike Irvin because he never scored TDs but Emmitt and that OL took away any need to throw the ball on the goal line.
Not suggesting it shouldn't be an area of emphasis for Dez and Dak but TDs aren't really Dez' shortcoming in this offense or ever.

diefree666

Reaction score
He's going to be a really good mid-round pick for someone.
He will fill out and become much stronger. That's all a given.

The Plaxico Burress comparisons are strong.

Nothing wrong with a possession type WR.

I'd much rather take him in R4 than Sutton in R1.

The only thing Sutton does better is run, espedcially after the catch. His routes and hands are very similar.
He has got good speed too- supposedly 4.5

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He has got good speed too- supposedly 4.5
He's a long strider that doesn't explode off the ball so doesn't look super speedy but he's not slow that's for sure.
He is definitely an intriguing and underrated pro prospect for me.

He didn't exactly play for Bama so that counts against him with fans.
I only saw him after researching WRs but to me he is just as good as Sutton if far less known.

I actually watched Sutton 3-4 times and he just didn't do much.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
When you have a streaky accurate QB like Dak, you need bigger WRs with larger catch radius.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
He reminds me a bit of Auden Tate out of FSU. I hope Dallas drafts both of them over the next two years, but I don’t see them as “Dak friendly” so I cant see it happening.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’m all about smaller receivers like D.J. Moore and Ridley, but if you wanna be “Dak friendly” you get him bigger receivers with better catch radiuses. Witten has a catch radius of 6 inches, Beasley creates separation with quickness and route running but offers nothing when ball is above his head, T-Will catches the ball like a 5 year-old. We also need to think about transitioning from Witten and bring some athleticism to the position.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak put multiple balls right in the hands of Dez on endzones fades but Dez couldn't come down with them.

Undefeated

Reaction score
He doesn't get separation...
I haven't watched much film on him yet, but this article talks about him running good routes for someone his size
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...raft-sleeper-with-no-1-wideout-potential/amp/

Beaker42

Reaction score
Brugler has been talking him up.
However he says he is a "traits" player.

Meaning you love his height and you love his ability to go up an get the ball in the air....two traits teams like in WRs but he is not as good as other WRs in other aspects of the game.
Also IIRC he said he could become a big threat in the red zone.

We didn’t spend much time in the ol’ red zone the 2nd half of the season so he’d be wasted LOL.