WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
per the ranch...

Considered to be a sleeper pick...

Combine numbers
He measured in at 6-2, 215 pounds and did 21 reps on the bench (225 pounds). no 40 time yet.

College numbers
For his career, Austin is Monmouth’s leader in every receiving category, with 150 receptions, 2,867 yards and 33 touchdowns. His total of 1,004 yards in 2005 was just 40 shy of the Monmouth single-season mark set by Anthony Galella in 1998.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
A few things on Austin. This is pre-combine information.

This from consensus draft services

Miles Austin is a big play receiver with great hands who put up incredible numbers during his 4 years at I-AA Monmouth University in New Jersey. After a stellar 2005 performance in which Miles amassed 1,004 receiving yards (only the 3rd NEC receiver ever to surpass 1,000 yards) and 11 TD's, the All-America candidate has quickly caught the eye of professional scouts nationwide and is predicted to be a great sleeper in the 2006 NFL Draft. If not for a late season ankle injury that held him out of the last two games of the 2005 season, Miles' numbers would have even been better. If he can manage to run an official 4.4 watch his stock rise extremely quickly.

A few of Miles Austin's accolades at Monmouth University include becoming the school's all-time TD receptions leader, NEC Offensive Player of the Week, NEC Special Teams Player of the Week, First Team All-NEC performer, and Monmouth University's first ever National I-AA Offensive Player of the Week award which is given out by The Sports Network - the division's premier sports information service.

This from sportingnews.com

Strengths: Is a big, strong receiver with decent speed and good playmaking ability. Shows good hands. Catches passes away from his body and over his head. Shows good leaping ability and uses body well to shield defenders from the ball. Is versatile with above-average athleticism. Is a tough and willing blocker.

Weaknesses: Lacks great speed to get open downfield. Hasn't faced much elite competition.

Bottom line: Austin is a fine athlete with good skills. He lacks elite speed and has not competed at a high level. He has special teams potential

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
A few things on Austin. This is pre-combine information.

This from consensus draft services

Miles Austin is a big play receiver with great hands who put up incredible numbers during his 4 years at I-AA Monmouth University in New Jersey. After a stellar 2005 performance in which Miles amassed 1,004 receiving yards (only the 3rd NEC receiver ever to surpass 1,000 yards) and 11 TD's, the All-America candidate has quickly caught the eye of professional scouts nationwide and is predicted to be a great sleeper in the 2006 NFL Draft. If not for a late season ankle injury that held him out of the last two games of the 2005 season, Miles' numbers would have even been better. If he can manage to run an official 4.4 watch his stock rise extremely quickly.

A few of Miles Austin's accolades at Monmouth University include becoming the school's all-time TD receptions leader, NEC Offensive Player of the Week, NEC Special Teams Player of the Week, First Team All-NEC performer, and Monmouth University's first ever National I-AA Offensive Player of the Week award which is given out by The Sports Network - the division's premier sports information service.

This from sportingnews.com

Strengths: Is a big, strong receiver with decent speed and good playmaking ability. Shows good hands. Catches passes away from his body and over his head. Shows good leaping ability and uses body well to shield defenders from the ball. Is versatile with above-average athleticism. Is a tough and willing blocker.

Weaknesses: Lacks great speed to get open downfield. Hasn't faced much elite competition.

Bottom line: Austin is a fine athlete with good skills. He lacks elite speed and has not competed at a high level. He has special teams potential

Thats all I needed to know.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
He didn't impress me with his combine performance. Didn't look comfortable or natural catching the football.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Dropped a least a half dozen easily catchable balls at the combine. One was a perfect pass from Cutler that shouldn't have been dropped.