WR Options

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;1740030 said:
Just a reminder, we have the 2nd highest scoring offense in the league without Glenn or Chambers.

...but Larry Fitz wouldn't hurt anything............. ;)

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
zrinkill;1740262 said:
Are we having Wide receiver problems that I do not know about?
No there is no problem right now with our starters. Owens and Crayton are putting up strong numbers this year. However, outside of those two, we don't have any other WRs that a producing. Hurd is promising, Stanback has potential, and Austin...well he can run pretty fast. With Glenn possibly done for his career, you have to start looking at that lineup and gearing to make improvements. Owens is at the age were production typically starts to decline. If you carry around the attitude that the passing game is fine, therefor we will do nothing to improve it, you will wake up one day and find yourself in a serious hole. That's what this thread is about; identifying what options we have to make our WR group even stronger for the future before finding yourself in a position of need.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Isn't the Franchise tag just for your own draft picks? Anybody?

I don't remember somebody franchising a guy they signed as a free agent. If it was possible I would think most guys would ask for an exclusion from that possibility in their contract.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm thinking, since it appears at this stage, that Glenn will be a no-show next season, there is some implied cap room that will be added to the current projection for next season, of $26M. I can see a trade for Fitzgerald, giving up what-Roy Williams. Resigning Flozell, Crayton, and then taking the stud Florida safety, mix in a cornerback, and then start building for the future....

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1740030 said:
Just a reminder, we have the 2nd highest scoring offense in the league without Glenn or Chambers.
I get so tired of these "reminders" from people who DO NOT GET IT. Who cares how we do against average teams. We have to go through the NFC East twice....we have to play Green Bay...we have to play the Tampa 2. Then we will probably have to play an NFC East team and a team like Green Bay to get to the Super Bowl. If Glenn does not return and return as close to 100% as you can expect at this point in his career our ULTIMATE goal is in serious jeopardy. UNLESS this defense lives up to it's reputation...now if they get better we can still meet our goals.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbailey423;1741481 said:
I get so tired of these "reminders" from people who DO NOT GET IT. Who cares how we do against average teams. We have to go through the NFC East twice....we have to play Green Bay...we have to play the Tampa 2. Then we will probably have to play an NFC East team and a team like Green Bay to get to the Super Bowl. If Glenn does not return and return as close to 100% as you can expect at this point in his career our ULTIMATE goal is in serious jeopardy. UNLESS this defense lives up to it's reputation...now if they get better we can still meet our goals.

Note to BigDogCowboy, BBailey423 is tired of you...........:laugh2:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Sarge;1741486 said:
Note to BigDogCowboy, BBailey423 is tired of you...........:laugh2:
I did not say that...why would you instigate in-figthing?