WR or OG?

ReturnToGlory

Reaction score
The cry for signing desean jackson on this board makes Jerry Jones look like a shrewd GM.

I'd rather have the team sign a pro-bowl level lineman for the running game and passing game. Any WR would look like an all pro if they have 5 seconds to get open or if the safety bit on play action.

There is a correlation between the proximity to the football and your importance. That's why WRs have always been crying for the football.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
As I said in a different thread. Romo can't throw the ball to Jackson if he's on his back.

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
ReturnToGlory;4356918 said:
The cry for signing desean jackson on this board makes Jerry Jones look like a shrewd GM.

I'd rather have the team sign a pro-bowl level lineman for the running game and passing game. Any WR would look like an all pro if they have 5 seconds to get open or if the safety bit on play action.

There is a correlation between the proximity to the football and your importance. That's why WRs have always been crying for the football.

We need a guard... in the worst possible way.

Let Jackson peddle his wares elsewhere. Sign Robinson and go after a very, very, solid OG.

nycowboyzfan

Reaction score
I cant believe any of you would actually consider signing that piece of garbage Jackson. We have very good WR's, we dont need that punk

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
nycowboyzfan;4356944 said:
I cant believe any of you would actually consider signing that piece of garbage Jackson. We have very good WR's, we dont need that punk

I can understand why. Romo was at his best when TO was here to stretch the field. I think it would help Garrett's play calling as well. But I would rather concentrate funds and effort else where.

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
Ntegrase96;4356971 said:
I can understand why. Romo was at his best when TO was here to stretch the field. I think it would help Garrett's play calling as well. But I would rather concentrate funds and effort else where.

The funny thing is, we don't give Romo or the receivers the time to stretch the field. To play long ball, you need to give your QB time. And that isn't usually defined as the time he can extend a play while running for his life.

Let's work on giving Romo some time. Go for the O-Line help.

Venger

Reaction score
"A" guard? We almost assuredly need two. Kosier is close to if not done. Who was thrilled with Nagy? Add to this mix the fact that Romo still has to use a lawn dart to tell Costa to hike the ball, and we are actually in pretty rough shape all across the offensive interior line.

Plug two of those holes and the stronger links might hold together with just one weak link. But you saw Romo get crushed because the inside of that line is more exploitable than a drunk prom queen with Daddy issues.

Reaction score
Ntegrase96;4356971 said:

We already have Dez who can stretch the field.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
WR is one of the last things this team needs to worry about. OL is either #1 or #2 on the list (along with the secondary. Good God, the secondary is pathetic).

No question, OL > WR.

ChopBlock

Benched
Reaction score
OG. I'd go back to OL in the first round again if someone is available when we pick worth taking. Someone like say, Decastro.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I agree. I would have no problem going right back to OL, especially if we can lock down another who can be as productive as Tyron is.

Either OL or CB MUST be addressed in the first round or we will be watching much of the same next season.

ChopBlock

Benched
Reaction score
IheartRomo;4357141 said:
I agree. I would have no problem going right back to OL, especially if we can lock down another who can be as productive as Tyron is.

Either OL or CB MUST be addressed in the first round or we will be watching much of the same next season.

I have no problem with CB in round one either, but only two I see worth taking that high. Claiborne and Kirkpatrick. But Morris Claiborne will probably go in the top 10. I wouldn't mind Kirkpatrick but if he's gone I want nothing to do with Dennard of Nebraska and the others would be reaching at 14.

Right now if it came down to Decastro and Kirkpatrick, I'm leaning towards the OG.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4357075 said:
We already have Dez who can stretch the field.

Not like Jackson could. I'm no DeSean fan, but Bryant doesn't have the kind of speed that makes safeties back off. Typically CBs are stride for stride with Bryant, but the guy is as air dominant as an Apache Helicopter.

But as I've stated, I'd rather skip over that possibility in favor of many other options our team lacks. Perhaps Carl Nicks.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Wanting to sign Jackson doesn't mean that people don't realize that OL more of a priority. But quite frankly, there's no discussion to be had talking about the OL. Jackson, and the possibility of bringing him to Dallas, is at least polarizing enough to get some interesting discussion.

I wouldn't mind Jackson coming here...but that doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have Nicks in a heart beat.

Reaction score
Ntegrase96;4357151 said:
Not like Jackson could. I'm no DeSean fan, but Bryant doesn't have the kind of speed that makes safeties back off. Typically CBs are stride for stride with Bryant, but the guy is as air dominant as an Apache Helicopter.

But as I've stated, I'd rather skip over that possibility in favor of many other options our team lacks. Perhaps Carl Nicks.

Dez is one of the fastest recievers in the NFL.

juck

Reaction score
Get both. Eagles do it. Why not us?Spend some money

Venger

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4357177 said:
Dez is one of the fastest recievers in the NFL.

He is? I am on board the Dez Train but he isn't even the fastest receiver on the TEAM, much less one of the fastest in the NFL. His pre-draft was a 4.5+ 40.

I would bet Dez isn't in the top 20 in speed in the NFL among WRs. This league is littered with sub 4.5 WRs.

Reaction score
Venger;4357207 said:
He is? I am on board the Dez Train but he isn't even the fastest receiver on the TEAM, much less one of the fastest in the NFL. His pre-draft was a 4.5+ 40.

I would bet Dez isn't in the top 20 in speed in the NFL among WRs. This league is littered with sub 4.5 WRs.

Dez is definitely the fastest reciever on this team.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Well Jerry just signed two multi -year /million dollar contracts to the Defensive Backfield so we're good there.

Venger

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4357217 said:
Dez is definitely the fastest reciever on this team.

Austin ran college track, and a faster combine 40, not sure how we settle it, but I'd put $100 on Austin in a footrace.

Oh...

Laurent posted a sub 4.4 40 at the combine...

Just sayin'.